The NuFACE Trinity is a revolutionary device designed with a smart skin sensor and interchangeable attachments to bring a variety of anti aging treatments, which can be easily done at home.
The micro current NuFACE Facial Trainer attachment works from the inside out to stimulate your skin using gentle micro currents (or soft waves) to provide an instantly visible lift and help provide facial strength and tone.
The Nu face trinity wrinkle reducer , uses LED light attachment to reduce fine lines and wrinkles all over your face! This photo facial, claims to give you instant results.
NuFace has a long history of working with micro-current technology. The founder Carol Cole has been working with this type of technology for over 30 years.
NuFace Trinity is the only microcurrent devices FDA-cleared for facial stimulation
Here, we will talk about the Nu face wrinkle reducer.
The technology behind it:
The Nu face facial toning device uses micro current (very low level of current) to rejuvenate and tone the facial muscles.
While the wrinkle reducer attachment uses Red & Infrared Light for Collagen Production & Elimination of Fine Lines & Wrinkles –(620 nm to 700 nm) Red light has the unique ability to penetrate deeply into the skin, where it can stimulate collagen production, rejuvenate the face, encourage cellular repair, and boost the circulation to the face so that the complexion appears more youthful and vibrant. Red light photo facials are used for reducing scarring, wrinkles, deep lines, and evening out the skin tone.
The NuFACE Trinity is an FDA-cleared device.
How can it be used?
Begin with a clean face, press the Trinity LED Wrinkle Reducer gently against the face to activate the light treatment. Hold the device to the area of concern for three minutes. When the device emits a soft tone, move to the next area.
Local dermatologists, medical spas, day spa, or salons use red light therapy facials. Many gyms and spas are putting full body red light therapy beds in right alongside their tanning beds. But, the good news is that it can be done easily at home too! Nu face wrinkle reducer makes it easily possible for you.
To use the Nu face Trinity facial toning device, you first have to apply the gel that comes along with the product. Then use your fully charged device all over your face, moving it in a motion that is well described on the product’s website.
To realize both the benefits, of facial toning and wrinkle reduction, you will need to buy the Nu face Trinity device that comes with facial toning attachment and along with it an additional Wrinkle reducing attachment!
The product comes with:
- Nu face Trinity facial device
- Nu face facial trainer attachment
- Gel primer
- NuFACE Trinity® Wrinkle Reducer (red & infrared LED attachment)
- Charging cradle with power adapter
- 1 year warranty
- Natural, non-invasive facial-lift using microcurrent technology
- Decreases perioral, periorbital, and forehead wrinkles.
- Improves skin texture and elasticity.
- Delivers healthy, noticeably younger-looking skin.
- Easy to use
- Visible results that are long-lasting with continued use.
The flip side:
- Concerns about the use of LED light affecting the retina of the eye.
- Microcurrent can typically feel a little tingly or prickly. This will vary greatly depending on the individual’s level of sensitivity.
- Its expensive
The Nu face Trinity facial device costs 325$, and the wrinkle reducer attachment is worth 149$. The company offers a 10% discount on the purchase of of both the products together.
Nu face is a good tool that is user friendly. It comes with no hassles, and can provide desired results by using it for some minutes!
Though, there is limited scientific research on the technology it uses, it has become very popular among customers, who have seen a marked difference in their skin. Although skepticism prevails, there is some anecdotal proof for its efficiency.
2. What is a photofacial? How does it benefit the skin?
Some wavelengths of light, can be used as a non-invasive way to treat skin problems and combat aging. This is the idea behind photofacials!
LED Light Therapy is a light treatment that can be used to stimulate collagen production (reducing fine lines and wrinkles) and kill acne-causing bacteria on the skin, improving skin clarity—with no pain and no downtime. It works by triggering the body to convert light energy into cell energy—without heat.
This form of photofacial is found in many day spas and is also available in handheld devices that can be used at home, putting you in control of your treatments.
It is a very gentle light therapy treatment suitable for the face, neck, chest, back, or all of those areas.
An LED photofacial can:
- increase collagen production
- reduce the appearance of sun-induced freckles
- shrink areas of hyperpigmentation
- decrease the look of spider veins & broken capillaries
- fade liver spots
- pale age spots
- diminish fine lines & wrinkles
- ease sun damage
- control acne and blemishes
Can LED treatment damage eyes?
Even though no immediate visual impairment may incur after undergoing a couple LED treatment sessions without eye protection, if this continues, one may have an accelerated risk of getting cataract formation. I advise that appropriate goggles specific to the wavelength of LED therapy emitted be worn at all time during LED therapy.
(William Ting, MD, Dermatologic surgeon)
A study by Spanish researchers found that eco-friendly LED lights can be damaging to your retinas, which cannot regrow or be replaced.
The lights produce high levels of radiation in the “blue band” of the light ray rainbow, which, over time, can damage retinas, ThinkSpain reported.
Dr. Celia Sanchez Ramos, an investigator at Madrid’s Complutense University, said the retina — a highly sensitive tissue covering the eye — can never regrow itself or be replaced once it has become damaged.
Thus, we conclude that, The damage caused to eyes by exposure to LED light may depend on the time span, and frequency of your treatment!
Does LED treatment give lasting results?
Led treatment does give instant results, but they will last to what extent has not been clearly known. It has been suggested to maintain, the skin by using antioxidant serums and creams.
In fact, there are some sources that say that light therapy actually increases the uptake and effectiveness of your other skin care products.
Can LED devices be used during pregnancy?
Yes, in fact, these LED devices are safe for women who are pregnant and breastfeeding. And they’re a good, chemical-free option for controlling the hormone-triggered acne of pregnancy. They’re also pain free and require no downtime.
(Dennis Gross, MD, New York Dermatologist)
3. Micro current: Is it beneficial for the skin?
First of all, let’s make ourselves aware about what actually micro current is?
Micro current is a low level of electrical current that mirrors the body’s own natural current. We have electrical charges pulsating throughout our bodies. This low level of electrical current (500 microamperes) works in harmony with the body’s natural healing processes.
Although micro current facials are known to produce an immediate and temporary rejuvenating effect, continued daily application will provide more cumulative long-term, lasting results!
- Improves facial and neck muscle tone
- Lifts jowls and eyebrows
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces puffiness
- Evens out skin tone and smoothes texture
- Improves facial circulation
- Aids in skin exfoliation
- Encourages lymphatic drainage
- Increases product penetration
- Acts as a sun damage treatment
- Reduces cellulite
- Enhances the body’s natural collagen and elastin production
- Re-hydrates skin
- Increase cellular metabolism (ATP)
- Tightens enlarged pores
How does microcurrent work for anti ageing?
There are over 30 muscles in the face, and micro current can be used to stimulate the muscles. There is no muscle contraction. The muscle is woken up! Whereas, Botox inhibits the muscle movements that cause expression lines.
Research based evidence: In 1982, researcher Ngok Cheng, MD, at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium, led a study that provided hard evidence of micro current’s role in cellular vitality by proving that micro current increased levels of ATP—the fuel a cell needs to function—in lab-rat skin cells by 500 percent.
Facial toning is achieved through muscle re-education, working a muscle from its origin and insertion inward to shorten slackened muscles (such as in the cheeks or forehead), and working from the belly outward to lengthen contracted muscles (such as the muscles that pull the corners of the mouth downward).
Is it safe?
Cosmetic micro current treatment is considered a safe and gentle therapeutic approach to skin rejuvenation however the following precautions should always be taken:
- Do not use if you are pregnant
- Do not use if you have a cardiac pacemaker or history of heart disease
- Do not use if you have been diagnosed with cancer or tumors
- Do not use if you have implanted defibrillators/stimulators or other devices
Does it provide lasting results?
Micro current facials can be done at any time before a special event, but to enjoy the long term rejuvenating results, treatments at regular intervals are recommended.
4. Editor’s Note: Why we recommend ‘LifeCell’ cream over Nu Face trinity device?
There is skepticism among dermatologists regarding the use of Micro current for facial toning, and LED light treatment too. They are not convinced of its effectiveness on your skin. Since, the Nu Face Trinity device, is a convenient and easy to use option, people have used it as an alternative to Botox, and have seen instant results too!
Personal testimonials from people have reported positive results, but doctors are not convinced about the science behind it.
You might think that is it the only available alternative to Botox?
Your search will end at ‘LifeCell’, the revolutionary cream which boasts itself of being an effective and potent alternative to Botox. It comes with ample of scientific evidence, well researched, clinically tested ingredients and proven results!
LifeCell cream is one of its kinds in the market! We can say this because, they’ve used promising ingredients, which are backed by award winning scientific research!
- Botox alternative
- Enhances collagen production naturally
- Reduces wrinkle appearance
- Brightens dark circles
- Firmer and tighter look
- Removes puffiness
- Fills in lines
- 24 hour hydration
Are the LifeCell’s ingredients really effective?
Lets first talk about the ingredient, D3PA:
Nitric Oxide dialates our capillaries and increases healthy blood circulation to our skin. The enhanced circulation helps bring with it a flood of nutrients which nourish the skin.
Thus, the face ends up regaining its bright youthful glow!
But Nitric Oxide cannot be given directly to our skin since it is a gas. Instead, it has to be produced on the surface of our skin through a naturally produced compound in our bodies called Dithiolane-3-Pentanoic Acid. D3PA levels decrease as we age. However, a highconcentration of D3PA is included in anti-aging LifeCell.
The scientific proof for this is provided in the research of Nobel Prize winning scientists (Robert Furchgott, Louis Ignarro and Ferid Murad).
Longterm systems in LifeCell try to improve collagen production or repair DNA. All these are clearly preferable so we are constantly on the look out for products that actually erase your under eye wrinkles for good. Peptides, Amino acids, are the key here. Like Eyeseryl®, Matrixyl, Regu®-age, Human growth hormone, Acetyl Hexapeptide-3 (AH3) etc.
Peptides (eg. Matrixyl)
Essentially, Matrixyl is a peptide. Creams nowadays often boast about being packaged packed with peptides, but will not be particular concerning which peptide has been referred to. Matrixyl is palmitoyl-pentapeptide 3 , a peptide that stimulates skin repair and collagen synthesis. This means it qualifies as a long term aging system.
Other featured ingredients are:
Hyaluronic Acid: Nature’s moisturizer (smoothens the skin)
DMAE (Deanol): smoothens wrinkles and fine lines
Ubiquinone – Super Anti-Oxidant
Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C): protects from free radicals
Retinol (Vitamin A): fights wrinkles
(other ingredients might be volumizers and fillers)
All the ingredients used, in this cream have undergone dermatological tests. The website showcases, genuine testimonials which prove the effectiveness of this product.
It works on your skin, in two ways:
First, LifeCell acts as a foundation, filling in wrinkles with a matte cream.
Second, LifeCell uses ingredients like vitamin A, vitamin C, and DMAE, D3PA and others to fight off wrinkles long-term and enhance natural collagen production.
So, the combined actions of this cream provide not only instant results, but also foster a long term change!
The company provides a risk free, trial of 30 days. One unit of the product costs 189$.
The price might make you think again. But customer testimonials and dermatological reviews are enough proof for the product to be genuinely effective. If you’re really looking for an alternative to Botox, then this is worth the deal!
5. Positive customer reviews on NuFace Trinity devices:
- I’ve been using the NuFace for almost 2 years. You have to be consistent with it just like physical exercise. There is a wealth of information on the NuFace and other microcurrent machines at “essentialdayspa”.com. The FaceMaster and the Serious Skincare Egg are not true microcurrent machines and will do more harm than good in the long-term, although short-term you will see some toning. The NuFace has current that is under 500 microamps. The others have current that is much too strong and will destroy your ATP. The NuFace is so gentle you will not feel any twitching, etc., if you do feel anything, it’s because you don’t have enough gel on your face.It took me a good 3 months before I noticed any positive effects using the NuFace. Now I use it 3-4 times a week for about 10-15 minutes each time. I had the beginning of jowls but they are gone and I have an overall rested appearance. There are many good videos on YouTube showing advanced techniques. Now I won’t be without it. As far as the Classic (this model) or the Trinity (a rechargeable unit), they both have the same number of microamps.I purchased my NuFace device from the spa where I received the “New Year, New You” facial. The esthetician did one side of my face so I could see the results during the facial process. I was so pleased, I bought the product right there at the facility. I’ve been using it every morning since purchasing it and the results are amazing! When I came back to my office from this vacation, my employees commented that I looked very rested and that my skin looked great. My hairdresser commented (while rinsing my hair) that my skin looked “impeccable.” In just a week’s use, there are very visible changes: skin tone is tighter, eyelids are lifted, jowl line is tighter. Admittedly, I am blessed with good genes, and I make sure to take care of my skin in the morning and at night, but this device clearly makes a bigger, better difference in my skin. I gulped when I heard the price, but it’s really only the price of three facials, and well worth it. (Elizabeth)
- If you own the NuFace toning device this is a great addition to assist in wrinkle reduction. Hoping long term results will be worth the price. (Katie)
- Awesome! Already (in just 2 weeks) my skin is softer and tighter. It is actually healing my skin. Love it!(Jane Koot)
- I used this a while and stopped thinking it wasn’t doing anything though a friend couldn’t figure why I looked better. I started again and am absolutely sure it works out Facial muscles like a gym workout but for the face.
I recently looked for a replacement head…and ended up purchasing a new device at nearly the same cost. This device feels stronger!…YEA! Decided not to keep plugged in as old device to preserve strength. …Older device was working well…this one I use less strength and have room to grow the intensity and results.
Not sure if older device had been used but sold as new or keeping it plugged in…like a phone diminishes the battery strength.
If you have this device and think it doesn’t work…. stop… Wait a month ……take a photo before restarting and compare after several weeks. If you are doing the time commitment with the device on your face … You WILL see improvement.
Just like working out…no consistant use you won’t see the results!
I am over 50 …this thing works, if you use it consistently!
Thanks (R Straw)
- On the upside: this works extremely well for lifting the eyes. For the first time in years I can see my upper eye lids. Note: you do need to use this consistently as the effect is temporary. I use it for several minutes in both the morning and evening. I also use this in conjunction with Bremmen Clinical Eyelift, and I think the combination really helps.On the downside: despite consistent use twice a day for several months, I have seen zero effect on my jowls/cheeks/neck.
Given the cost ($200 plus), if I had to do it over again, I would opt for a smaller device such as the Eye Zone Lifting Massager, which only runs around $40. I wasn’t aware of that device at the time, but on balance, I’m happy with my purchase and glad I ordered it. (Mary Varna)
- I bought the NuFace online and was very skeptical, but the price was very low and I figured it was worth a try. It does seem to tighten the skin.I went on the website and and I am doing the 5 minute treatment. I am also using it around my mouth without the additional attachment and I do see fewer vertical lip lines and the nasolabial lines are lessened too. Believe it or not my upper lip seems bigger too. There is a slight tingle when moving it around the face, but it is not uncomfortable. I notice that my cheekbones are more prominent after using it. The gel can be drying so it’s important to wash it off completely and moisturize. It’s easy to use and 5 minutes a day for smoother skin is a small price to pay. (Michelle)
6. Negative Customer reviews on NuFace Trinity Devices:
- I’m too young to be using this but I just love beauty gadgets (I’m 30) and my cheeks are starting to sag, as they do. I’m going to return this product today, after a week of use.I’m confused as to how this cleared the FDA. Several reviewers here have complained of stimulation of the optic nerve and facial twitches. I’ll add something new to the pile. I had a filling in a molar 2 weeks before I started using this. A week after using NuFace, I started to experience tooth sensitivity so persistent and uncomfortable that my dentist and I thought I might need a root canal. It suddenly occurred to me that the sensitivity began with the NuFace. I discontinued use, and thankfully, my tooth nerve is slowly healing. (Krunce)
- I had used the nuface trinity and started getting headaches, then spoke with the company and went with their recommendations of turing down the intensity and using every other day. The headaches continued and even worsened, I finally went to my physician and he told me to absolutely stop using the nuface. After not using it for a few weeks the headaches decreased and went away. I contacted the company in regard to my experience with the machine and wanted to return the product because they offer a 100% money back guarantee….not really. They would not accept a return nor an exchange for skin care products.
The customer service is the worst I have ever had to deal with and they DO NOT OFFER A 100% guarantee like they advertise.
Rated one star only because I had to enter a rating to post the review. (Shannon)
- I like the product, but it broke down and stopped working well in only a couple of months. It keeps wanting to turn itself off. (Johanna)
- Very disappointed as it wouldn’t hold a charge. I had to return it. Additionally as others have described the Nu face wrinkle reducer, the light is extremely bright even with my eyes closed. Did not really have the opportunity to use it enough to see if it would produce results. (M. Elkins)
- With excitement I unpacked my nuface mini, looking forward to some lifting of my sagging cheeks …but ouch! It was so painful even on the lowest setting, my eyes were flashing and it felt like I was getting electrocuted! I had some headache afterwards that lasted for a few hours, my face felt king of numb, but no better looking. Perhaps I am too sensitive to the current: I tried another day with a little less primer, same thing. This did feel wrong…The next day I ditched the primer and felt only pleasant tingling, meant it still worked, but less aggressively. After 10 days of use no improvement whatsoever ( I think my facial exercises do much more!), a big disappointment. I will keep trying for another month and then give up 🙁 (Jollay)
- The manufacturer did an amazing job at being prompt with sending me the merchandise. It was nicely packaged and I was thoroughly pleased with that. However, after using this 4-5 times a week as instructed via the NuFace website, I have not seen even a tiny fraction of a result. I did take a picture at the start of it and have been trying to compare, but have not seen improvements. (Jennel Minhee Kim)