EDITOR’s NOTE: If at all you are interested in ketosis, and need a reliable ketone supplement, we recommend PERFECT KETO that provides you an array of products, fulfilling almost all of your needs and helping you in your Keto journey!
Emerging as a potentially effective weight loss plan, the Ketogenic diet outweighs other diet plans for the plethora of benefits that it provides.
Tried and embraced by many, this diet has helped people to attain the level of fitness they crave for.
But of course, no dieting can ever be extremely easy. It always comes with a set of challenges!
Having said that, we would like to shift your attention towards ‘Exogenous Ketones’! These have been introduced in the market since the past few years and there’s much of a buzz about them.
While reading this, we will make you completely acquainted about the ‘Keto diet’ and its related aspects if you’re new to it. Moreover we will delve deeply into this new range of supplements known as Exogenous Ketones.
We must know, that a Ketogenic Diet is centered around bringing the body into a ‘natural state of Ketosis.’
It is a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as a source of energy.
It is high in fat, moderate in protein and extremely low in carbs. It’s a diet plan that triggers ‘ketosis’ in your body!
Ketosis is safe!
Ketones are organic compounds your liver always makes. They are being produced right now as you read this. During starvation or (more likely) when you restrict carbohydrate and increase fat intake, your body uses ketones as its primary fuel.
In other words, when your body doesn’t receive or can’t make enough glucose, it shifts to this alternative fuel.
- Mild ketosis is a natural phenomenon that occurs in humans during fasting and lactation .
- Post exercise ketosis is a well-known phenomenon in mammals. Although most of the changes in the physiological parameters induced following exercise revert back to their normal values rapidly, the level of circulating ketone bodies increases for a few hours after muscular activity ceases.
- In addition, ketosis has a significant influence on suppressing hunger. Thus, a ketogenic diet is a good regulator of the body’s calorie intake and mimics the effect of starvation in the body. (NCBI)
Do not forget that a ‘Keto diet’ has proven to work wonders for weight loss, and is nutritionally complete too!
Many of the benefits of following a ‘keto’ diet can be summed up as:
- Weight Loss, Controlled blood sugar, Controlled blood pressure, Increased mental focus, Accelerated energy and suppressed hunger. It may also help to fight fight Acne, provide healthier skin , hair and nails, enhance your mood and provide better sleep.
- It also has a healthful effect on serious health conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, metabolic syndromes.
- ‘Ketone Bodies’ that are naturally produce in the body when we are in a state of ketosis have many ‘Therapeutic benefits’.
As we all know, every diet has its set of challenges! The path leading to weight loss is rugged and everyone needs support to navigate through it and reach their goal.
What symptoms you may encounter when you start ‘A Keto Diet’ ?
When starting a low-carb ketogenic diet and reaching ketosis it’s common to get some side effects during the first week. Possibilities include headache, lethargy, irritability, excessive thirst, leg cramps, constipation and heart palpitations.
These side effects are usually relatively minor and transient.
A massive change in your diet may make you experience a bit of shock and cause you to experience some short-term side effects until your body begins to adapt to the diet.
Though these side effects are minor and very manageable.
How do ‘Exogenous Ketones’ come into the picture?
From weight loss, to hormone regulation, appetite suppression, blood sugar regulation to treating a variety of health conditions a ‘Keto diet’ becomes do not say No option for many!
‘Exogenous Ketones’ are ketone supplements that are synthesised in the lab. Lets explore what a supplement is? Why do we need it?
A supplement literally means a thing added to something else in order to complete or enhance it. The word exogenous is added to convey that it is produced from some external factors, and not within the body through a natural process.
So, by definition : Exogenous Ketones are ketone supplements. They’re created outside of your body and ingested by you, instead of being produced in your body.
Why would you need such a supplement?
It is hard to stick to any diet, which causes your metabolism to turn to a different and new source of energy. This involves transformation that occurs within the body, and changes which can be felt on the outside too. Initiating a ‘keto diet’ may come with minor side effects that are difficult to bear. All of us would love to diet, but without hampering our work schedules and energy levels. Moreover we sometimes need a resilient mechanism to cope and fill the gaps we might create by cheating during the diet!
Thus the need for ketone supplements arises. They ease your journey into ketosis and turn you into a fat burning machine without turning your routine life upside down!
Benefits of using ‘Exogenous ketones’:
- Making your journey into ‘nutritional ketosis’ easier (evading symptoms of keto flu)
- Helps to balance blood sugar and hormones related to hunger (Leptin and ghrelin)
- Cognitive benefits (enhanced mental clarity and focus)
- Boost your performance: This is important because producing ketones naturally is rather a slow process. Increasing energy intake through ketones supplements is a convenient and a faster option. This can be used by athletes or for endurance training.
- Encourage weight loss : It can break your weight loss plateau. If you’re stuck at a constant weight for weeks, it helps through your weight loss journey, when combined with a low carb diet. It does not cause weight loss itself, but helps to achieve your goal. j
EDITOR’s NOTE: If at all you are interested in ketosis, and need a reliable ketone supplement, we recommend PERFETC KETO that provides you an array of products, fulfilling almost all of your needs and helping you in your Keto journey!
Lets read about some research based findings:
- Research demonstrates that several forms of dietary ketone supplementation can effectively elevate blood ketone levels.
- Ketosis achieved with exogenous ketone supplementation can reduce blood glucose, and this is inversely associated with the blood ketone levels.
- Ketone supplementation could be used as an alternative method for inducing ketosis in patients uninterested in attempting the KD (keto diet) or those who have previously had difficulty implementing the KD because of palatability issues, gall bladder removal, liver abnormalities, or intolerance to fat.
- Ketone supplementation may also represent a means to further augment ketonemia in those responsive to therapeutic ketosis, especially in those individuals where maintaining low glucose is important.
STUDY: Effects of exogenous ketone supplementation on blood ketone, glucose, triglyceride, and lipoprotein levels in Sprague–Dawley rats (Nutrition & Metabolism2016)
Shannon L. Kesl, Angela M. Poff, Nathan P. Ward, Tina N. Fiorelli, Csilla Ari, Ashley J. Van Putten, Jacob W. Sherwood, Patrick Arnold and Dominic P. D’Agostino
There is still need for additional research to determine therapeutic uses of ketone supplementation.
Types of Ketone bodies:
In humans, there are 3 different ketones produced by the mitochondria of the liver. These are also often referred to as ketone bodies.
The three ketones are:
2 Acetoacetic Acid
3 Beta-Hydroxybutyric Acid (also known Beta Hydroxybuyrate or BHB). Other chemical names include 3-hydroxybutyric acid or 3-hydroxybutyrate.
BHB is not technically a ketone since it contains a reactive OH-group in place of where a double-bonded oxygen normally would be.
BHB still functions like a ketone in the body and converts into energy much like acetoacetate and acetone.
Most supplements rely on BHB as the source of their exogenous ketone bodies since it functions like a ketone and can be readily converted into energy.
Amazing attribute linked to BHB:
Apart from its main function of taking your body into nutritional ketosis.
Researchers have found out that a ketogenic diet’s anti-inflammatory effects could be due to BHB.
Among its benefits, BHB reduces chronic inflammation and restores healthy inflammation levels. (NCBI)
Other researches confirm, BHB’s amazing fat burning properties too.
TYPES OF EXOGENOUS KETONES
They are synthetically-made compounds that link an alcohol to a ketone body. They can be easily metabolised in the liver to a ketone.
The ketone esters raise blood levels of beta-hydroxybutyrate (BHB) to higher levels than the ketone salts. There is strong evidence that ketone esters are more effective than ketone salts as far as their physiological benefits go. This may be due to their absorption rate being higher than other supplements.
Naturally-derived compounds that simply mix sodium (and/or potassium, or calcium) with BHB to improve absorption. Commercially available supplements are all made from ketone salts currently. These are also sometimes called “Ketone Mineral Salts” of “BHB Mineral Salts”.
Ketone salts are formed when the ketones are bound to a salt, typically sodium or calcium, potassium, or magnesium, to improve absorption rate. Sometimes ketone salts are referred to as “BHB Mineral Salts” or “Ketone Mineral Salts.”
All of the supplements available on the market currently are ketone salts and they are most recommended and useful for the average consumer.
Medium chain triglycerides (MCT’s) are unique fatty acids that are found naturally in coconut and palm oils. They have a remarkable ability to stabilize blood sugar and enhance ketone body production. This process makes MCT’s a powerful tool to reduce inflammation, improve metabolism and enhance cognitive function.
Research has demonstrated that MCTs can readily cross the blood-brain barrier (BBB) and be oxidised by the brain (5). Thus, MCTs may provide both a direct and an indirect brain fuel source via the generation of ketones.
Ketone salts or ketone esters, provide energy right away. In contrast, MCTs must be broken down first before they can be used for energy. Therefore, the energy from MCT oil powder is slower than ketone salts or esters
“With all the relevant information that we can provide, we would again remind you that Exogenous Ketones can be used to decrease the burden of a strict Ketogenic Diet.
They help you get back into Ketosis faster than nutritional Ketosis.”
Any ketone supplement will not itself cause weight loss, but will rather help to augment and ease your weight loss journey!
Downside to ketone supplementation
You may encounter, some symptoms with keto supplements too, ONLY if your not taking the right amount of fluids. Optimum fluid intake is the only way to evade all uninvited mood swings and problems, since the rest can be taken care if, by your Exogenous supply of ketones!
A minor symptom is bad breath that develops as a result of raised ketone levels, can be combatted by chewing gums of using mouth freshners.
Moreover, facts from scientific research which we have already stated above, also show no potent side effects of exogenous ketone supplementation.
Who should not take Exogenous Ketones?
It is proven safe for almost anyone, who needs to lose weight and is in a low carb diet. We have discussed that at length. But still there is a recommendation to be made for people with diabetes.
Type-1 and type-2 Diabetics should consult a physician before initiating usage of exogenous ketones as ketones can significantly alter blood sugar levels.
Choosing the best Ketone Supplement!
As an average consumer, it is difficult to make a choice, when you’re bombarded with a myriad of options. Too many choices create too many dilemmas too!
So, we may help you simplify this matter which is actually very crucial for it is directly linked to your health.
We will outline some aspects that you should consider before making a choice:
- First of all, QUALITY should be good, which should be guaranteed by the manufacturer. A good quality product will help you immensely and also lower the amount of GI stress that you might encounter. Trust the company, which provides clear and detailed information.
- One point that can solve your problem, is to choose a clinically backed and DOCTOR RECOMMENDED BRAND.
- The product should be very ACCESSIBLE, easy to purchase options should be available. Do not fall into the vicious sale circle of a product backed by MLM marketing.This is important so that when your body gets accustomed to any such supplement, you need an unhindered supply.Since, you would be on a restrictive diet, the supplement should not add to the monotony. Or not be so intolerable that you can’t stick to it. Go in for a product that TASTES GREAT.
- Above, all, a s a consumer no one likes to be robbed. Have a look on the price factor too. Find an AFFORDABLE and safe product. The benefits that you might reap should not be too heavy on your wallet.
Keeping all these things in mind, we assure you, that you will not regret and will make a wise choice!
As per our recommendation. ‘Perfect Keto’ outwits all the products of its league, and it falls within the confines of being an unbeatable Keto Supplement available in the market. It is a genuine, affordable, yet a high quality product!
But the final verdict still would be that you may first identify your needs, as every product is unique in its approach and every individual’s body responds differently. Make a wise choice and enjoy the bundle of benefits that exogenous ketones promise to offer!