The Skinny on Serovital
SeroVital-hgh is an oral anti-aging hgh supplement that’s claimed to contain a special blend of amino acids that can naturally increase human growth hormone (HGH) levels within your body by 682%, resulting in an anti-aging effect (reduced appearance of wrinkles, tightened skin, etc.), as well as increased lean muscle mass, reduced body fat, increased energy, improved mood, and heightened sex drive.
Serovital contains 6 primary ingredients:
Schizonepeta (aerial parts) powder
Does SeroVital Really Increase Your HGH Levels?
The SeroVital-hgh website provides a copy of their study claiming to show the product’s efficacy, although it’s interesting to note that the conclusion states: “Our results show that a single oral dose of these amino acids can significantly increase GH [growth hormone] Levels after 120 minutes in healthy men and women. Whether these GH changes persist over a longer duration or have other positive effects is being further examined.”
In layman’s terms, based on their own study, even if SeroVital-hgh does actually increase HGH levels, this doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll feel younger, have more energy, increase muscle mass, or anything else claimed by the company.
Besides, the product doesn’t contain ingredients that enhance the efficiency of amino acids, by blocking the action of somatostatin. (The hormone which suppresses the secretion of HGH)
As we know, hGH is a peptide hormone comprising of several amino acids. So, when we consume lots of amino acids, we are giving the body a signal to produce more of hGH. Amino acids like L-Arginine, L-Ornithine, L-Lysine, L-Tyrosine, L-Glutamine, L-Glycine, L-Valine all give this signal to the body.
That is the reason why intravenous injections of amino acids were documented to increase human growth hormone dramatically.
Experts believe that amino acids intake signals the body to produce more GHRH (growth hormone releasing hormone) which in turn signals the pituitary to produce more hGH.
However, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This is what the homeostasis system of the body is supposed to do, it tries to maintain the same hormonal levels in the body.
So, when you take in all those amino acids, the body will try its best to counter the effects so that the change in hGH levels does not happen.
That is the reason why after few days of those amino acids injections, the growth hormone levels in the subjects returned to normal levels.
Scientists are still researching on the exact mechanisms of the “homeostasis” which tries to keep the same levels of the hormones in the body, however here are some well established mechanisms:-
i. After a surge in growth hormone levels, the human body produces “somatostatin”, a hormone that signals the pituitary gland to stop producing more growth hormone.
ii. When the human body takes excess amino acids, somatostatin also signals the “intestines” to stop absorption of amino acids. However, “somatostatin” action can be blocked by using other ingredients that work via cholinergic pathway.
So, you see everything has a catch. That’s why you need a multi-ingredient HGH supplement that works on different pathways to bring about a comprehensive effect.
When it comes to increasing “growth hormone” in the body, here are some of the pathways or mechanisms which can be influenced while using supplements. The best hGH supplement would be one that influences and works by all of the following mechanisms.
Ingredients that help with the mechanisms
1) Amino acids pathway : Amino acids like L Arginine, L lysine etc.
2) Dopaminergic pathway : L tyrosine,
3) Balancing “warming” and “cooling” neurotransmitters pathways : GABA
4) Inhibition of somatostatin or “Cholinergic” pathway : Phosphatidyl choline, Alpha GPC
5) IGF-1 pathway : Deer antler velvet
6) Insulin and blood sugar pathway : Glutamine, Chromium
7) Cortisol pathway : Glutamine
This article also explains the 7 must have ingredients in an hgh supplement for it to be effective. And amino acids is just one group of ingredients that helps and does one part of the job.
- 1. Amino acids (with a special focus on L-arginine, L-lysine, L-tyrosin and L-glutamine)
- 2. Deer antler velvet
- 3. Phosphatidyl Choline
- 4. Gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA)
- 5. Alpha GPC
- 6. Chromium
- 7. Colostrum
1. I would probably use it again. It probably has more effects that kick in with long-term use and I really noticed a difference in the 30 days I was using it. The only issue is the cost. Unfortunately I made the mistake of showing it to my husband and telling him the cost.
2. I’m in my second box and I see the difference in the wrinkles in my face, my skin, my libido. I am 50 and I have the energy of a 20 years old. It works.
3. Serovital is absolutely amazing! I’m almost 44 and every where I go I get confused for my daughter’s sister. I model and have modeled for over 20 Years. I feel energetic and my face has that youthful beautiful glow back. My lines are completely gone! I sleep so good and I’ve lost over 40 lbs in 5 months! I am a Dr and it’s impossible to have an interaction with other drugs or any health conditions as serovital is a blend of amino acids that naturally stimulate the output of the pituitary gland so you secrete more of your own human growth hormone. This is completely safe and well worth the money. If you want it cheaper though call the manufacturer it’s only $79.20 per month for the fountain of youth!
4. This is for all the reviews written by those who expect overnight or even weekly results. As a user for 4 years I can tell you that it takes about 90 days or 3 boxes for any visible (skin, body fat, etc) results. More subtle results are noticeable after the first month. It took quite awhile to lose your Hgh and it will take awhile to get it back to the optimum levels.This product works and is well worth the cost when you understand what you’re taking and how it works. (I’m not being paid to write this…it’s from my own experience!) I’m a very young 78 yr young lady, take no meds and have the energy of a 30 yr old!
5. I recommend it but not highly. The only reason I didn’t say Highly recommend is because I feel I need to be on it for a much longer period without any negative side effects.
I’ve taken SeroVital for a month now but would like to take it for 6 months solid before recommending to everyone I meet.
In the beginning, I took the recommended dosage of 4 pills every morning. The hardest part of the regime is taking either 2 hours after eating and before bedtime or in the morning 2 hours before eating. I take in the AM, go back to sleep and wake 2 hours later. Works for me, may not for others. Drink plenty of water.
In the beginning, the first immediate effect was the incredible quality of sleep. I recall my dream and just a solid slumber. I experienced increased energy, almost too much. I had a decreased appetite. Then I saw skin plumpness, tightness and it became less dry.
I’m mid 40s, 115lbs, suffer insomnia, and have very dry skin, serious moodiness and extreme fatigue (sometimes brain fog).
After about 2 weeks I had trouble sleeping more than 6 hours which made me tired during the day. Also noticed cramping and muscle pain.
The lack of appetite was not fun as I enjoy eating and am lucky not to have a weight problem. I decreased dosage to 2 pills a night as other reviewers had suggested and voila, everything became great.
I can sleep longer than 6 hours, no more cramps or muscle pain, energy but not too much, appetite is back, skin and hair is great as I constantly get compliments, (no change in nails yet), and moodiness is getting better but not yet perfect.
For the sleep quality, improved moodiness and skin and hair I will continue to take it, and may even try 3 pills every other night just to see if I can get another push in an improvement of my health and beauty. I recommend this. Give it a shot, adjust dosage if needed.
6. I’m 56 years old with a disability that prevents me from active life. I decided to try a TV promo mainly because the gal from The Doctors TV Show approved it. I have been taking this faithfully every morning, and even though my body can’t do much, I have had such an increase in energy. I feel like I can go do anything. My only problem now is my body can’t keep up with my energy. It has helped me take less meds and I’m not always napping from my pain meds. I feel like I’m 35. I look it too.
7. My wife and I have been taking SeroVital for about three months. I have noticed that her face looks younger (less wrinkled) and her skin tone looks brighter. I sleep better (less lying awake thinking) and I have about 20% more energy which makes me feel younger. This stuff definitely works. BTW we strictly follow the directions on the box.
8. I am a SeroVital user and I give it five stars. I have been using this for sometime…over one year. I have noticed a significant change in my skin and the age spots associated with aging are fading. Also, I have noticed that the lines between my brows and the brace of my nose have noticeably diminished. I however, have not noticed any change in eye puffiness…ice has been my only solution in this area. I am over 70 years old and I am constantly getting compliments on my skin.
9. Been on product for a while now. Seems to help with sleep, some other growth hormone issues and skin issues. Happy with this, just hard to pay for this monthly. Wish there were a way to have special sales on this to help with this. I am a Platinum member at Ulta.
10. This product is the fountain of youth. If u can’t/don’t wish to get periodic injections this product will give you a youthful appearance, slim u down and restore your energy and sex drive in a short period of time.
1. I have only taken this for 1 month, have not felt or seen any difference, but not giving up
2. I started taking it a few months ago and didn’t see a difference. I called to cancel the next shipment that was going out next day, and they said it was already in progress and they couldn’t cancel. I received it a week later and called to get the RMA number and returned it that day with 2-day shipping.
I called two weeks later and asked for the return, and they asked for my tracking number. I didn’t have it on me but asked if they saw the return, and they said no. I called back today with the tracking number, and she said we received it 19 days ago. I asked why she didn’t refund my card then and she said: “We will process the refund within three days.” That is terrible customer service.
3. I took this as directed for 60 days not only did it NOT increase my energy nor help with my skin it did cause a bleeding ulcer.
After two different physician’s opinions stating that it’s probably what caused the bleeding ulcer and scientifically impossible for HGH to be increased by this amount and that it could be quite dangerous if it did. I would say “stay far away from this product.” I’m disappointed in Dr. Lisa for endorsing such a potentially dangerous product. Shame on you Dr. and FIRST DO NO HARM.
4. I’m a 74-year-old, moderately active woman. I am on my second 160 capsule box. I take the four capsules in the middle of the night when I get up to pee, and this timing works best for me. So I guess I’ve taken it about 70+ days and haven’t noticed any changes. I still have trouble sleeping, have the same wrinkles and body fat.
At first, I had some stomach upset, but it was only for the first 2 or 3 days. I haven’t noticed any negative side effects, but this cost over $200.00! So I think I will finish this box and consider it a good trial and stop. I wish it did all the things the company claims, but I’m old enough not to be surprised that it didn’t. No magic bullet!
5. My fiance has bought this product two months in a row. I cannot see any difference. She actually trusted Dr. Lisa if no one else. She has wasted so much money (too much) on this product. I think they need to pay for her to have a makeover or we will take them to court for fraud. Thank you!
6. Difficult to take, as you have to take on an empty stomach – no breakfast – not even coffee, so maybe it was my own fault, as I did drink coffee and sometimes ate grapes. I keep trying, though as I have taken these off and on for 2 yrs. Unfortunately it doesn’t help with bone density in any way – I fell and broke my hip, and I’m not even elderly!. No help with weight loss or skin density, so I’m not sure what they are really supposed to do!! So I think I’m done!
7. Really can’t see any results after 2 months. Not sure if i will try for another month. Too expensive not too show faster results
8. I just finished the 45 day supply, and to be honest I don’t feel any different.
9. I started taking this product and noticed a bit of heartburn. As I continued the heartburn became more severe after 1 1/2 weeks the heartburn was so severe that I had to sleep sitting up for two days after I stopped taking the product. It also caused extreme fatigue. It has been over a week since stopping and I am glad to say the heartburn has finally subsided thank you TUMS, but the fatigue is still pretty extreme.
Interestingly, most anti aging books and guides out there written by experts and medical doctors are connected with HGH, directly or indirectly.
Some of the famous books are:-
Have a look at some of the anti-aging tips offered by these books and guides:-
Best anti-ageing exercise is high intensity interval training and this fact is supported by “earth-shattering scientific studies“.
And how does HIIT do that – by increasing hGH levels. It’s well-documented in various studies that exercise-induced growth hormone response increases HGH secretion. Research suggests that the exercise-induced growth hormone plus endurance exercise associated with load, intensity, duration and frequency are the determining factors in the regulation of HGH secretion.
An exercise intensity above lactate threshold and for a minimum of 10 minutes elicits the greatest stimulus to the secretion of HGH. HIIT workouts are effective in promoting beneficial well-being, health and positive training outcomes, while stimulating HGH. (Study)
Laughter is one very well known anti aging tip proposed by anti aging experts. It is supposed to be the best natural anti aging secret. Because it decreases stress levels and is supported by scientific studies. Read more on the healing power of laughter.
So, what is the link of laughter with HGH?
Researchers Stanley Tan and Lee Berk at Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, Calif., observed that two hormones, human growth hormone and endorphins, were increased by 27 percent and 87 percent, respectively, when participants anticipated watching a humorous video. (Study)
3. Liver detox | Having a healthy liver
Dr. Eva Cwynar explains –
“The liver is where hormones are conjugated [prepared for excretion]. It’s important to support liver function so that our bodies can make hormones in appropriate amounts.”
Furthermore, persuasive medical research shows that liver health is adversely affected by outdoor and indoor air pollution, alcohol, sugar, caffeine, and chemicals in food and drinking water, such as chlorine.
Laboratory tests will reveal whether someone needs liver support.
“I often treat people who have impaired liver function that is due not to drug use but to a diet high in sugar, caffeine, and fried foods. When you eat a lot of sweets and processed foods plus drink coffee and caffeinated sodas every day for years,” she notes, “it can negatively affect your digestion.”
So, how is liver function and health conected with HGH?
HGH stimulates the liver into producing IGF-1, which is released into the body to stimulate the production of cells that are responsible for cell proliferation, increased muscle mass and increased energy. An individual would never experience the full benefits HGH has to offer if experiencing poor liver function, cirrhosis, fatty liver and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. (Study) Thus, if you naturally want to increase HGH, you should go on a liver cleanse.
Several anti aging diets and guides ask you to follow certain strategies to live a healthy, longer, disease free life and to slow down the aging process and keep looking younger. Almost all of those strategies can be linked to HGH, the fountain of youth.
That is one reason, why hgh supplements like Serovital got so much popular in the first place.
However, these supplements should still be accompanied with good anti aging diet and lifestyle to have maximum anti aging effect and to erase those wrinkles effectively.
For quite some time now, human beings have been believing aging is irreversible. We were accustomed to recognize that ageing was certain and nothing might prevent someone’s metabolism from moderating after the age of thirty, we could not avoid wrinkles and avoid signs of aging on skin and body.
Regardless of what men and women did to stop it, or even to ease it off, nothing seemed to prevent the determined walk of age. Even experts and fitness gurus, could not avoid aging.
Until the impact of HGH aging was well a disease whose cure was not known.
According to the book, “Grow Young with HGH” by Ronald Klatz :- “If aging is a disease, then hgh might well be the cure!”
Notwithstanding, now experts and celebrities like Sylvester Stallone know for sure HGH can goad an expansion in lean muscle and minimize body fat, evolving an individual to look and feel more youthful.
However, there is no magic pill. Even supplements like Serovital have their limitations.
The best we as humans can do, is to follow a really effective anti aging lifestyle and take good hgh supplements that help slow down the aging process and keep looking younger.
If you are looking for the answer to the question which is a better product – “Sytropin” or “Serovital”, the short answer is Serovital.
The long answer is that Nutritional hgh sprays like Sytropin claim that you can get all the ingredients, required vitamins and minerals for hgh release in few sprays. It’s doubtful though not completely overruled!
Most anti-aging experts would agree upon that only few sprays can’t provide you with adequate amount of such ingredients to make any positive changes take place.
Although, Sytropin has impressive variety of ingredients, it’s highly likely that you would not get enough quantities of those ingredients in spray-form.
Ingredients in Sytropin
- ALPHA GPC
- L-DOPA BEAN EXTRACT
- MOOMIYO EXTRACT
- ORNITHINE ALPHA KETOGLUTARATE
If you want to take such ingredients it’s always better to take them in pills form so as to get the least recommended dosage of those ingredients responsible for hGH increase.
Another issue with sprays is that the stomach acid destroys a good part of these ingredients, that’s why these ingredients, when taken in pills form is better.