The Skinny on Derm exclusive - Fill and Freeze
Fill and Freeze is a product that claims* to fill wrinkles like you would get at a doctor with dermal fillers or injections. It is made by Derm Exclusive and is marked by several distributors with a doctor who claims* the product works – Dr. Andrew Ordon.
Fill and Freeze is found at BeachBody.com but can also be found at some of the popular online retailers like Amazon.
Derm Exclusive is manufactured by Beachbody based out of Santa Monica, CA, who also makes P90X3, Focus T25, Hip hop abs and Insanity workout series, in addition to a wide variety of other products. The company holds an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, based on 95 closed complaints over the past three years.
Regarding Derm Exclusive specifically, online reviews appear mixed, with the most common complaints citing failure to work, over-drying of the skin, and difficulties with the autoship program.
Peptides. These amino acids help the skin to look younger and are found in many anti-aging products.
Citric Acid. Works to help the skin look lighter and even the tone.
Capric Acid. This ingredient is a tool for hydration and moisture.
Lactic Acid. Works to help diminish* wrinkles and lines.
Contains natural ingredients
Can be bought through online retailers
Works to diminish* wrinkles
Has other products you can pair with this product
The price point is rather high
Reviews are not that impressive
Some found it on the auto ship program and were overcharged
Most common complaints cite failure to work, over-drying of the skin, and difficulties with the autoship program
You get a very small amount for the price
Does not actually fill or freeze the skin except temporarily and is more of an anti-aging cream
As in majorly mediocre. Let’s look at Fill & Freeze “the anti-aging treatment that works right before your eyes.” One of the best things about it is that (unlike Derm Exclusive’s Intensive Repair Serum) it doesn’t kick off with sodium hydroxide, a pH balancer about which the CDC says: “Skin contact with sodium hydroxide can cause severe burns with deep ulcerations.” There is plenty of silicone, as well as polymers that are formulated to behave like silicone. There are almost 10 of them.
There are a few things that Derm Exclusive’s Dr. Andrew Ordon has added to his formula of Fill and Freeze that are perfectly respectable. There’s vitamin C and several peptides, including Matrixyl 3000 (palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7) and the expression line inhibitor acetyl hexapeptide-8, plus a hibiscus extract, which performs the same function. There’s also the anti-inflammatory glucosamine HCI and a skin lightener called diacetyl boldine.
Unfortunately, the good is overshadowed by the abundance of aforementioned silicone and the toxic preservatives chlorpenesin and phenoxyethanol.
How Derm Exclusive Works
The Derm Exclusive four-piece anti-aging regimen is claimed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots, lift sagging skin, restore a youthful glow, and help you feel “vibrant, radiant,” and confident in just minutes per day. It claims to accomplish this using the following products:
Fill & Freeze Wrinkle Treatment – One quick application of this “4-peptide combination” can reduce the appearance of eye, frown, and smile lines.
Collagen Lift Moisturizer – Stimulates new collagen production, which can help lift sagging skin and increase elasticity.
Micro Peel Resurfacing Pads – Makes your skin look younger, smoother, and brighter by “gently polishing away dulling surface cells.”
Intensive Repair Serum – Decreases the appearance of dark spots, discoloration, and other symptoms of sun damage.
In addition, Derm Exclusive claims that all of their products use professional grade, dermatologist recommended ingredients that “target all the major signs of aging,” and that they “are rigorously tested by independent clinical labs, and are evaluated and approved by dermatologists.” In fact, they’re claimed to exfoliate 6 times better than a professional microdermabrasion, reduce visible lines and wrinkles 2 times better than a chemical peel, and brighten uneven skin tone equally as well as a photofacial.
Derm Exclusive products are available in three different collections:
Introductory Collection: Includes 30-day supplies of each product.
Advanced Collection – Includes 90-day supplies of each product.
Ultimate Collection – Includes 90-day supplies of each product, in addition to the Facial Cleanser, Age Defense Moisturizer, and Volume Lip Therapy.
It’s important to note that while Derm Exclusive claims that their products are clinically proven, there are no studies referenced on their website. Based on the company’s description, user can expect to see immediate results with Fill & Freeze, while the complementary products will provide noticeable results within 14 days, and “dramatic results” within 4-6 weeks.
According to the official website:-
In 1 week: Derm Exclusive exfoliates 6 times better than a professional microdermabrasion.
In 2 weeks: Derm Exclusive visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles 2 times better than a chemical peel.
In 4 weeks: Derm Exclusive brightens uneven skin tone and fades age spots equal to a photofacial.
Dr. Ordon’s Treatment Regimen for Instant and Long-Lasting Results. Target multiple signs of aging with these 4 powerful youth-restoring products:
Fill & Freeze Wrinkle Treatment: Instantly plump lines and wrinkles while reducing the appearance of dark circles. This breakthrough product gives injections and fillers a run for their money!
Argireline® and Myoxinol®: These powerful peptides help relax facial muscles to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by repeated facial movements.
Matrixyl® 3000: Helps promote collagen production and stimulates the skin to restore itself naturally, reducing the appearance of wrinkles by decreasing their volume and depth.
UGL Complex: Infuses the skin with deep moisture to improve elasticity and firmness and help smooth away wrinkles.
Micro Peel Resurfacing Pads: Reveal super-smooth skin with a professional-strength peel that exfoliates dead skin cells and shrinks the appearance of pores.
Malic Acid: Derived from apples, this acid gently exfoliates and balances your skin.
Glycolic Acid: Sweeps away dead skin cells to help reveal clear, even, and radiant skin tone.
Salicylic Acid: Exfoliates and helps clear pores to minimize their appearance.
Moisturizing ingredients: Soothe and calm the skin.
Intensive Repair Serum: Treat dark spots and uneven texture similar to a laser treatment as you help speed recovery from past damage and restore skin’s luminosity.
Ultrasomes®: Enzymes that speed up your skin’s natural repair process to help reduce everyday sun damage.
Photosomes®: Help stimulate DNA repair when exposed to UV rays and protect the skin’s natural immune system.
Roxisomes®: Work quickly to repair sun damage within the skin.
Vitamin C: Antioxidant that helps fade dark spots, and also helps prevent future sun damage.
Collagen Lift: Boost collagen production for firm, lifted skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles with astonishingly powerful results.
Renovage: Visibly corrects the signs of aging by promoting the skin’s natural protection and repair process.
Collaxyl®: Boosts collagen production and helps to prevent sagging, while also reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
Retinol: Helps increase skin’s natural cell turnover and promotes collagen production, encapsulated for longer-lasting performance at the target site and reduced irritation.
1. I love all of the products. I have used all of the products and I am pleased with the results. I have been using them for about four years.
2. I was very happy with the products but was getting overloaded and wanted to hold up or cancel further shipments. I tried to call Derm Exclusive and no one would pick up the phone on 4 different occasions. I emailed customerservice@dermexclusive and it bounced. Don’t know what’s happening with this company, HOWEVER, I went to Beach Body and received a return authorization within an hour via email. After being so frustrated with Derm Exclusive by their lousy, LOUSY service, I was very impressed with the service from Beach Body. I don’t know if the success I was seeing with the product was due to my using ANYTHING consistently, or the products, but I am 71 and people tell me what great skin I have. Been using it about 2 years. I will probably go back to them if they ever clean up their lousy customer service.
3. I have tried over 200 creams ,lotions and potions and nothing worked till I tried this product. You give it 3 weeks and you will see dramatic results. It is worth the money. I mean no one likes wrinkles. Let’s age gracefully.
4. I have gotten Botox in the past and was very pleased with the results, but they faded after a a couple months. I was apprehensive about ordering but did it anyway. Let me tell you, I AM SO GLAD THAT I DID!!! THIS STUFF IS GREAT, and does not fade away like the Botox!! I just wish that they had a cream specifically for my eyes. All these people obviously aren’t using the product as directed. It says right on the bottle for the fill & freeze to only use a little of the product, that is why only a little bit comes out…DUH! They are trying to help people who are “over users” like myself:)
I am absolutely blown away by by the results and what I’m reading makes me sick..maybe it works differently on different skin types..but I seriously doubt that! Golden in my book as well! I seriously RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE TRYING TO DECIDE ON WHETHER OR NOT TO ORDER THE PRODUCT 150%!
5. The Derm products have worked for me, although I didn’t like the auto shipping which was why I canceled it. Since Dr. Ordon appears on The Doctors, I gave the package a try.
My skin was very lifeless looking during the harsh winter. I used the different products in the order it recommended. Understanding that there is no miracle cure for aging, we have to realize these products can only go so far. If your skin has sun damage and really deep wrinkled skin it’s not going to rescue your skin 100%.
I don’t have deep wrinkles and sun damaged skin. At 61 years old, I expected no miracles. What I discovered is that the Fill & Freeze did help where there were crow’s feet starting to form. The tube it came in was very difficult to squeeze out. I had to lay it on the counter and press down to catch the cream coming out.
Despite that, my skin is smoother. I have been using the products since March 2015. It’s now July. The facial cleanser and Microderm pads come in handy with the hot and humid weather.
6. I purchased the product and enjoyed the outcome. I followed the order of application, and saw the difference. Not only did I see the difference but my husband, and my friends. I never told anyone about my purchase because I wanted to see if anyone would genuinely notice “younger skin”… and they did! I love the collagen probably mostly. I know it should probably be the fill n freeze, but I love the collagen! The fill n freeze is awesome! It truly is magic in a tube. I’m so happy I ordered DermExclusive, now I need to figure how to reorder=) I recommend DE to my family and friends 100%…. Golden in my book!!!
1. On TV Dr. Ordon says the cost of the “Fill’n’Freeze” is just $54.95 plus shipping and handling for *two* tubes. Then a big box of all sorts of stuff (but only one tube of Fill’n’Freeze) comes and the invoice informs you that they have charged your credit card $175. Customer service tells me that that’s for three motnths and that they have already put in to charge my credit card *another* $175 in September. And this is before I have even tried the first shipment. They gave me a return number (you can’t return all this without a number you get from them) and *claimed that they have cancelled the September charge, We’ll see….. I went through this same kind of scam with “Real Purity.” The moral: NEVER buy skin care items from TV.
2. I wish I had read reviews first,then I would have realized the bait and switch tactics this company uses. Not only did the product fail at every claim the company has made,but I was stuck with much more of the mediocre product. So yes I used it for several months..no change,just drier skin. The fill and freeze shows No results at all!.
They trick you into thinking the first auto delivery that you catch is the original low price you paid for the first one. When you first realize that you have been tricked and call to cancel anymore shipments you assume the charge on your card covers what you owe and you are now done with this horrible company.
A month later you see another charge for the same price and then the next month another for the same price. You see the second time they send you a larger amount and claim it is worth 3times the amount of the first so they are collecting three times the charge?!
As usual just another company that tricks you into an auto delivery to make a profit because they know what they are selling does not work and you would not repurchase it for results only.
I really wish someone would investigate the companies and put stop the con!
How anyone could work for this company and feel good about it is beyond me.
3. I was not too happy with the Derm Exclusive. It caused my skin to be very oily and to break out. It did not show any changes like they advertised. I was put on auto ship. When I attempted to cancel, I could not get through to any human being. I was either was on hold or the phone call was dropped. Do not get this product. You are in for a HUGH financial burden and no improvements to your skin. It’s a shame because I use to respect Dr Ordon in the “Doctors”.
4. I used this product for 2 weeks and, yes, I did notice a difference. My skin is already dry but it became drier and the wrinkles more pronounced. I’ve tried every anti-aging product on the market and I sincerely do not think that there’s anything that will reverse wrinkles except Retinol and a laser treatment. Just make sure your skin is well moisturized and all the makeup is removed before going to bed. It will make a big difference in your skin. Everyone wants to make a buck on anti-aging and maybe, just maybe, someday this will happen. It’s not be proven to me yet.
5. I ordered one 30 day supply. Found no promised results. I called the company to cancel any further shipments but was told my second one had already been shipped. I had no choice but to pay for two months ($63.00), but made it clear I wanted no more. I received a package, marked FREE Gift. When I opened it I found more product, and a bill for another TWO months ($63.00). I called again, spoke with Leo who could not assist. I requested his manager and he HUNG UP. I called back, was on hold for 20 minutes and was disconnected. I am on hold again, and will contact my lawyer next. Stay way from this company.
6. I, probably like many other people ordered this fill and freeze because of the glowing statements by Dr. Ordon on his commercials. I only know of him because I see him on the daily show The Doctors. I figured if this well known Plastic Surgeon tells us how wonderful it is, then it must be so. I received my first order with not one but two Fill and Freeze tubes. Wow! lucky me. They were a joke, the tubes were so small, I know the two of them would not have lasted a week let alone a month. I called the customer service immediately after I saw what it was, cancelled any subscription that was in the future and really angry at this Dr. for all of this false hype and now I have to pay freakin’ more money to mail it back…
7. I just returned my auto-ship order from Derm Exclusive. The advertisement displays two tubes of fill n freeze; not the tiny purse size Beachbody shipped to me. I called Beachbody to question the small tube of fill n freeze and was told “that is the size you get”. The representative then introduced collagen supplements and wanted to enroll me in the monthly expense of vitamin supplements. I mentioned three times that I could not afford any more expenses because I was on a fixed income; no, no, no. Apparently, the rep. did not understand “no” because I received a bottle of the supplements and three more the following month. I contacted customer support and was told to open the box and use the return label. There was no return label and I was given the wrong zip code and made a second trip to the post office. This return for a product I clearly did not want and couldn’t afford cost me $8 to mail back. Let’s see if I get my refund. I think the reps. at Beachbody are crooks and they give Dr. Ordon a bad reputation. He needs to know this. Never again will I do business with Beachbody.