The Skinny on Caudalie vinoperfect radiance serum
Founded by a husband and wife team in the mid-1990s, Caudalie is a French-based skin care and cosmetics company with a wide array of items, including the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum to treat dark spots on face.
Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is marketed as a correcting treatment, which means that’s intended for daily use as part of a regular skin care routine.
This face serum is designed to restore the skin’s own natural radiance, fade sun spots, and restore dry, blotchy skin through hydration and application of antioxidants.
This serum has such an average formulation that the price just seems to be in bad taste. This contains mostly water, slip agents, emollient, thickener, vitamin E, plant extracts, fragrance, and film-forming agent. The small amount of grape extract means that this product likely has minimal antioxidant ability—and what about skin-identical substances, cell-communicating ingredients, or an anti-irritant or two? All of those are hallmarks of state-of-the-art serums, which this product certainly is not.
Note: This serum is dispensed via a dropper applicator. Although not the ideal method to dispense a serum that contains light- and air-sensitive ingredients, sometimes this type of packaging is necessary due to formulary requirements. When that’s the case, the goal is to keep the bottle opening as small as possible, the bottle should be opaque or specially coated to protect the contents from light, and you should use the serum up within three months of opening.
Highly concentrated with naturally powerful viniferine, this satiny serum reduces the appearance of existing dark spots such as acne marks, scars, and damage revealing a brighter, more even complexion. It absorbs instantly and works well under makeup for flawless-looking skin.
It is formulated Without:
This noncomedogenic, oil-free formula is perfect for all skin types.
The primary active ingredient of Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum is a patented natural extract called Viniferine which is derived from the grapefruit extracts. This active ingredient has several anti aging benefits and has been proven* to be 62 times more effective compared to vitamin C in lightening the skin. It is also 4 times more effective compared to kojic acid and about 13 times more effective compared to arbutin when it comes to making the skin more radiant and addressing dark spots.
The skin brightening product also contains squalene derived from olives which is a potent moisturizing agent. This helps hydrate the skin and address dryness. It also contains caraway which helps improve* skin health by addressing inflammation.
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Squalane, PEG-8, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ceteareth-20, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Palmitic Acid, Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Polyacrylate
The active ingredients of CaudalieVinoperfect Radiance Serum are all-natural
It is from a known natural skin care company
There are some good reviews and feedback on the skin brightener
It is being sold by many retail stores and websites
The active ingredient of the skin brightener is backed by clinical studies
Great for acne scars
The skin brightener is not clinically proven* to be effective or safe
There is very limited information on the product and its active ingredients
The skin brightener is not offered with a money back guarantee*
It is expensive
There are many negative reviews saying it isn’t very effective
Some users experienced skin irritation from using the radiance serum
NOT so good for wrinkles
1. I received this as a sample in a beauty box. I am 37 and ive always used just a cleanser and a face cream with no special ingridients. I have combination skin with large pores and milia around eyes. I am allergic to parfumes and alcohol especially from laundry detergent and shampoo. I put it on my face and around the eyes. The first time it shrinked my pores so much… And it removed some of the milia and i was shreding some skin. I think its used for skin lightning but since i have never done and chimical exfoliation in my life, it helped. I would recommend this for anyone that cant do bha/aha. Im planning on trying paulas choice 2% next to see if it removed the rest of milia.
I recommend this for anyone trying a real product for the first time and is afraid of skin irritation.
2. The wonderful thing about this serum is its lack of tons of harsh ingredients. I had a terrible case of red, scaly eczema on my face and nothing helped! Nothing at all. I had a small sample of this serum and used it one night not expecting any change. The next morning the redness had calmed down and even my DH remarked that my skin looked like it had finally started to heal. Sometimes less IS more. I have continued to use this and my skin rash is completely gone. My skin looks moist and healthy.
3. I am absolutely in love with this product. I can’t even begin to say how great this is. I suffered from pretty terrible acne for a while and when my skin cleared up I ended up up with an extreme amount of hyperpigentarion and it looked as if I still had acne. Red marks everywhere and as well as dark spots. I was attracted to the fact that it was all natural, derived from the best and satisfaction from consumers of the product. I was very sceptical because I was used to gimmicks and false misrepresentation. However I was pleasantly surprised how fast and effective it was. It significantly reduced my dark spots (by over 95%) and my red spots are now gone. I love how light it is and that you don’t need half the bottle to have it sink and last on your skin. I especially love the smell which honestly to me smells fresh and clean and reminds me of greenery. Perfect for the season changes in Canada. Not greasy and absorbs into the skin like a dream.
4. I absolutely love the dropper bottle loom to it. It helps me get the perfect amount of the solution to apply each time rather than how I get more out of pump tubes. This product it reduces the look of my pores and it also helps with my acne problem due to my oily skin. It’s not a sticky, tacky texture. It’s a bit liquidy and easy to apply. I had no problems using this with my psoriasis or any skin irritations yet. I love how after the first use My skin was so radiant, it had a illuminating glow according to my boyfriend and I feel just heavenly using it.I do look forward to continuous use with this product. I highly recommend this for daily 🙂
5. I love this product! I use 2-3 drops in the morning only and have seen a massive improvement in my skin. Once you put it on, your skin has a beautiful glow and feels very smooth. Moisturizer goes on really nicely over it. Over time age spots or acne discolouration will begin to disappear or at least lighten up. For best results, you need to use it for at least 8 weeks, and it will work best after 12 weeks of use. It is worth it in my opinion. This does not make me break out either. If you use the Vinoperfect Day and Night Cream it will speed up the brightening/lightening process as well. Finally, there are anti-aging benefits with using the Vinoperfect because it contains grape seed polyphenols.
6. This serum is a game changer for me. That’s a big statement but for me I feel like it’s doing its work. I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora. I’m a bit hesitated at first because I’m a big skincare fanatic and I’ve gone through 2 serums already that didn’t really do anything for me. To test this properly, I only did one side of my face (right) and on the side of my nose where pores are clearly visible and big. It’s supposed to be patch testing just to see if it will break me out. After 2 weeks of using it every night, I noticed a major difference with how my pores looked from where it’s applied and where it’s not. The side of my face that receives this product, made it a little brighter and pores “shrunk”! I couldn’t believe it and I kept going for another week before starting the other side. So far it hasn’t given me any disappointment. I think I might purchase the full size once I’m done with the sample size cause it’s so worth it!
7. Tightens my skins. I’m older so this a good product for older skin.It goes on very light and once it is applied it dries quickly and is ready for a moisturizer to be applied immediately. No need to wait to apply a moisturizer.
8. As a skincare expert, I’ve used a lot of skin products. Caudalie is by far one of my favorites! I have used a few products from their line but this serum is my favorite. I used this in the morning after washing my face and at night before bed and saw results within the first week and a half! As someone who has tanned for a while I’ve acquired some dark spots on my face on days I used to forget to put sunscreen on. After I started using the serum I saw some of dark spots disappear! And my skin looked amazing, super soft, and my skin looked incredible! After a while of using this I started using the day fluid and loved the results. A+++ for this product.
9. I bought this in France, and will re-order from Amazon. This stuff is amazing! My skin has always been problematic—I have acne, sunspots, and worst of all, melasma. Since I started using it, my acne has receded, the weird orange peel texture of my skin has become smooth, my sunspots have faded considerably and best of all, the melasma has improved quite a bit. And that is only 2/3 of the way through the first bottle! Yeah, it’s expensive. REALLY expensive. But in my opinion, well worth it.
1. The idea of reusing the pulp of grapes is attractive, but I was told my brown spots would start disappearing after one week, and it has been almost one month without proof. Another disappearing act!
2. The serum absorbed nicely and seemed to offer nice, light hydration, but within a couple days of adding it to my routine, my skin was irritated, with more redness and more noticeable/clogged pores. As someone who doesn’t usually use anything with synthetic fragrance, I found the scent to be quite strong too. Not super offensive, but very noticeable.
3. I honestly wasn’t the biggest fan of this serum, I received a sample size and it didn’t do much for my skin after using it daily for a month. It left it sticky and gross and I wasn’t a fan.
4. I got this as part of the Sephora birthday gift, and it wrecked my face. I used the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet exactly twice, both times in tandem with each other. Both times, these products caused my entire face to break out into tiny hive-like bumps that took two weeks to clear up. My face became red, rough and painfully itchy. It was horrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t make the connection to these products after the first reaction. But I did start keeping closer track of new additions to my diet and skin care regimen. The next time I tried these products, they were the only new variable.
It’s very disappointing because I wanted to like these products. Caudalie is a brand I’d always wanted to try, and the Sephora birthday gift seemed like the perfect opportunity. Now I’m wary of trying any other Caudalie products.
5. I got this as part of the Sephora birthday gift, and it wrecked my face. I used the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet exactly twice, both times in tandem with each other. Both times, these products caused my entire face to break out into tiny hive-like bumps that took two weeks to clear up. My face became red, rough and painfully itchy. It was horrible. Unfortunately, I didn’t make the connection to these products after the first reaction. But I did start keeping closer track of new additions to my diet and skin care regimen. The next time I tried these products, they were the only new variable.
6. It’s very disappointing because I wanted to like these products. Caudalie is a brand I’d always wanted to try, and the Sephora birthday gift seemed like the perfect opportunity. Now I’m wary of trying any other Caudalie products.
7. Possibly one of the WORST skin products I’ve ever tried. It’s sticky, it makes me break out like crazy (and I have normal/dry skin that’s not particularly acne-prone), the packaging is just plain terrible (even though it looks lovely, the dropper is *very* impractical). Caudalie products in general haven’t been kind to me, which is particularly infuriating considering how expensive they are, and I definitely recommend against buying this (and choosing it as your Sephora birthday gift).
8. I broke out so bad today and I couldn’t figure it out, I looked at all my makeup and nope, nothing there, same foundation I’d always been using same moisturizer etc.
So naturally, I was left confused as to why I had a pretty bad breakout all over the bottom half of my face. Turns out, it was this. I realized it when I was putting on my Retin A micro, all upset cause of the chaos everywhere on my jawline and parts of my cheeks when my eyes happened to go across THIS.
I couldn’t…I couldn’t even breathe. I was so shocked. This, out of all things? This was so expensive, (well I didn’t even pay for it it came in the Sephora birthday gift), and it was so cool cause of the glass bottle, it couldn’t be bad for me right? I was so upset. Now I wish I got the Tarte thing instead even though I heard it doesn’t show up well on tanned skin.
So yeah, long story short, I’m pissed, upset, and above all heartbroken because I should’ve just gotten the dang Tarte thing.
Oh, and btw, I’ve heard this doesn’t really show any results anyway so yeah. There’s that. (I’m just adding stuff cause I feel pretty bad about this product now. I had nearly cleared up all my acne and this just made my face explode.)
9. I bought this product after having a bought of acne which left hyper pigmentation marks scattered around my face. I also use a Vit C product and a retinoid, but I thought this would be nice to try.
I have a few gripes. First off, the packaging. It’s a clear glass bottle with a dropper. The clear glass is problematic as it doesn’t shield the product from the sunlight, therefore allowing for oxidation. The dropper gets on my nerves as it’s hard to control and can get a little cloggish.
The product itself isn’t too bad, it feels lovely when applying it and leaves the skin looking radiant and with a certain glow. But unfortunately, I think it is only appearance. I have noticed nothing positive after 2 months use. I even stopped the other products for a while to see if this would do anything. Not much. For me, this is a lovely, smooth radiant primer. Nothing more. I’m sure it’s also delivering some good ingredients, and it’s probably better than other radiant primers, but that is all it does for me. I won’t be repurchasing because it doesn’t deliver what I need it to, and it’s a little pricy on top of that.
This post on natureword.com lists the benefits of viniferne, the primary ingredient in Caudalie vinoperfect.
1) Grapevine sap is a potent anti-inflammatory as well as antiseptic agent. Traditionally, grapevine sap was used to treat conjunctivitis, blepharitis (swelling of the eyelids) as well as any form of internal or external styes. For the treatment of conjunctivitis and internal styes, the sap was dripped into the eyes every morning and evening until the eyes returned to their normal state of health.
2) The antiseptic and astringent properties of grapevine sap can help treat rashes and acne. Grapevine sap is said to reduce the itching caused by rashes or eczema and combat acne due to its powerful antiseptic and astringent properties. Similarly, regular use is said to help treat blemishes.
3) Grapevine sap helps detoxify the liver and has powerful diuretic properties. Traditionally, people suffering from liver or kidney problems would drink a cup of fresh grapevine sap every morning before breakfast in order to purify the blood, detoxify the liver and increase the frequency of urination. The sap contains minerals, sugars and phytochemicals meant to protect the vine from frost damage and help buds develop in spring. This sort of purified water, full of nutrients, was believed to have positive effects on human health and promote blood and liver detoxification.
4) Last but not least, grapevine sap contains viniferine, a potent natural antioxidant. Viniferine is the key-ingredient in many quality skin care products aiming at reducing redness, blemishes and boosting skin radiance. According to a study conducted by Professor Vercauteren at the Montpellier Faculty of Pharmacy, viniferine is actually 62 times more powerful than vitamin C in restoring skin beauty.
This article on Truthinaging.com explains the benefits of natural ingredients in Vinoperfect serum eg. Viniferine, antioxidant-loaded free radical fighter and natural complexion corrector and the naturally hydrating olive squalane.
Here is the gist:-
1. Grape polyphenols are believed to protect elastin and collagen fibers and preserve the structural integrity of the skin, while grapevine resveratrol has been shown to prolong the life of skin cells by stimulating cellular renewal. Furthermore, grapevine stalks have traditionally been used to lighten dark spots and clarify the complexion.
2. After three years of research, Caudalie’s scientific team at the Bordeaux University of Pharmacy isolated and stabilized the molecule in grapevine stalks known for its exceptional lightening action. The patented Viniferine complex stemming from this discovery works by controlling tyrosinase, which is reponsible for melanin production, and boosting microcirculation to improve melanin distribution. It is the star ingredient of Caudalie’s Vinoperfect Radiance Serum, delivering antioxidant protection and a brightened complexion all at once.
3. Caudalie’s serum coats skin with a thin layer of lightweight moisture through the naturally hydrating olive squalane. Additional emollients derive from glycerin, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate SE, and caprylyl glycol, all of which are generally safe and non-irritating. The combination of these skin conditioners creates a lovely consistency that drips out of an easy-to-use, hygenic dropper, making you feel rather scientific as you apply the serum. Besides grape polyphenols, the serum packs in a great deal of vitamin E for added antioxidant protection. Its fresh fragrance is subtly revitalizing, and its youth-oriented formula leaves skin looking dewey and fresh.
4. Caudalie’s serum coats skin with a thin layer of lightweight moisture through the naturally hydrating olive squalane. Additional emollients derive from glycerin, butylene glycol, glyceryl stearate SE, and caprylyl glycol, all of which are generally safe and non-irritating. The combination of these skin conditioners creates a lovely consistency that drips out of an easy-to-use, hygenic dropper, making you feel rather scientific as you apply the serum. Besides grape polyphenols, the serum packs in a great deal of vitamin E for added antioxidant protection. Its fresh fragrance is subtly revitalizing, and its youth-oriented formula leaves skin looking dewey and fresh.
Final review:- Though I can’t say my dark spots have disappeared, they have noticeably faded. But what I care about more is that my skin looks clearer, less dry, and more radiant. Because only a smidge is needed to coat the whole face, the serum lasted for a full three months when used every single day, which is nice since it is no measly investment at $79. That didn’t deter my roommate, who after hearing my glowing review and sampling my Vinoperfect, marched straight into Sephora and bought her own bottle.
This post on Skyntherapyblog.com explains why squalene, an ingredient in Caudalie Vinoperfect causes acne breakouts, because of its pore blocking properties.
“You need to fight the most pore clogging substance of them all….squalene peroxide
When our bodies are inflamed and sending our hormones out of whack, the excess sebum that is created oxidises and turns into a substance called squalene peroxide. Squalene peroxide is by far the most comedogenic substance there is – yes way more pore clogging than ANY of the other ingredients!”
When I first started using it I did not get the same amazing glow I did last time. Last time I used it in conjunction with the Clarisonic and I think the combination of the two is killler. Unfortunately, my skin and the Clarisonic don’t get on all that well, at least not for everyday use, so the Vinosource serum would have to perform all on its own. For any of you guys that do use the Clarisonic daily though, this could be a bit of a selling point!
When it comes to skin tone however, this does deliver. Where my skin is otherwise healthy and scar/pigmentation mark free, the skin looks more healthy, more radiant and more even. I have also not gotten any new marks or scars since using it. I haven’t had many breakouts either, and I’ve been really careful using SPF 50 every single day, so it’s not going to be all down to the serum, but it’s still worth mentioning.
On the more technical side the Vinoperfect Radiance Serum has no parabens, sulfates or phthalates. It is also oil-free and suited for all skin types, according to Caudalie. I say, if your young and have break-out prone skin, be careful using it in the day. If it works, great, if it’s not working, try cutting back to only night time use.
The serum does deliver a bit of moisture. Not enough to skip moisturiser, not at all, but it does feel like it’s making skin more healthy all around. I am quite happy with the serum and would highly recommend it to anyone that think it sounds like something they would like. It’s also not too expensive for a bottle, around 35 euros. Do make sure you keep it in a cupboard or drawer though, as the bottle is clear glass, which means direct sunlight can boost the product on it’s way to expiration.
Caudalie is cheaper in France, in my experience, so if your going there soon you should wait. However, if your steering clear of croissants and dog poo for a while longer, Feelunique.com and most other online sellers stock Caudalie. If you live in the UK, I’m also pretty sure you can buy it in most department stores and in Boots, but it’s a while since I lived in London now so that might have changed!
In conclusion this is a lovely serum, but it doesn’t do enough for my pigmentation marks so I am off to bigger and better things. Origins Mega-Brigh Serum made in collaboration with Dr. Andrew Weil will be next up!
I have known the brand Caudalie for years now and I love every product I have tried so far. I have heard about this particular product for a while now but never tried it because I thought it will be as useless as all the other ones I have tried. I had also checked on websites specialized on products review and it did not convince me either as the reviews are not so good… Well this spring I was really bothered by my uneven skin tone so I decided to finally give this product a try despite my doubts. We are a few months later now and I can honestly say that I do not regret my decision.
This is what the brand states about this product :
“This milky serum creates a radiant complexion, corrects dark spots and prevents them from reappearing. The complexion is evened out and more radiant. All skin types. Oil-free formula. Non-photosensitizing, Non-comedogenic.
Apply morning and evening, to the face, neck and décolleté, before your usual moisturizer. May also be used before your sunscreen for a flawless tan.
62 x more effective than vitamin C”
I have used this product as advised; day and night after cleansing my face. At night I sometimes add a moisturizer on top but not all the times because it is also moisturizing. In the morning if I have to go out I add my SPF 50 daily moisturizer on top. You can find more information about it here. Remember that if you are working on fading dark spots or evening out your skin tone you NEED to protect your skin from the sun if you expect good results. I can say that after 2 weeks of use I was able to see a difference in my skin. It was looking more radiant. I have been using this product for almost 4 months now and my skin complexion is more even. My skin is not perfect but it definitely looks better. The product also claims that it corrects dark spots but I cannot testify on that because I have been using an effective product for that for years already, as written above.
The product feels very light but you only need a drop for your entire face. My first bottle lasted me 3 months. The brand states that they owned an exclusive patent that uses viniferine which is a natural ingredient 62 times more effective than vitamin C. Vitamine C is used in many skin care products because among other things it has the properties to reduce dark spots and brighten the skin. As I said previously I have tried many products to try to even out my skin complexion. Some products were from very high end brands, very expensif and many of them contained this “magic ingredient” that is vitamin C; unfortunately It did not have any success on my skin.
Viniferine has the properties to 1/reduces exixting dark spots 2/prevent dark spot from reappearing 3/even out and brighten the skin.
From all the products I have tried for years this serum is the so far the only one that did what it states.
That’s a great discovery, and if you face the same skin issues you should definitely give it a try.