The Skinny on Flat tummy tea
Flat Tummy Tea is a drink kit packed with natural ingredients traditionally known for several benefits which include: debloating, reviving and speeding up metabolism as well as detoxing the system. It is a two-step program that cleans your body of harmful compounds and other toxins. It also kicks out the sluggish feeling and helps flatten your tummy.
It is manufactured by the Synergy CHC, a health supplement company . It is formulated with 100% natural ingredients that have been conventionally used for the improvements it promises to make in your health. It contains natural herbs that have been used in ancient remedies for centuries.
Flat tummy tea differs somewhat from other detox teas available in the market in that it traditionally offers two unique tea blends, one to be consumed during the night, and the other consumed during the morning.
Flat Tummy Tea involves two important steps:
The morning tea is suggested to prepare the body’s digestive system for the day ahead. The ingeredients incorporated here include metabolism boosters and antioxidants.
The cleanse step promises* to reduce* water weight and detoxify your intestinal track of any accumulated toxins.
Activate Tea – Peppermint (leaf), Lemon Balm (leaf), Liquorice (root), Dandelion (leaf and root), Cleavers (leaf), Fennel (seed), Green Tea (leaf), Caraway (seed), Cardamom (pods).
Cleanse Tea – Senna (leaf), Peppermint (leaf), Cassia Chamaecrista (pods), Liquorice (root), Caraway (seed), Dandelion (root), Rhubarb (root).
Buying Flat Tummy tea is fair deal?
This tea completely understands the bloating problem of women, and helps to get rid of the sluggish feeling. It helps you be free and energized, but when it comes to weight loss, it does not provide long lasting benefits. Though they’re seen as a fashionable way to help in the quest to lose weight quickly and are endorsed by celebrities and promoted on social media.
It is priced at 36$ for the two week program and 49 $ for the four week program. This is not fair enough since this tea gives benefits like just another detox tea in the market and cannot be relied upon for sustained weight loss!
Do you need a detox?
Basically, detoxification means cleansing the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. However, when these systems are compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered and the body is adversely affected.
Today, with more toxins in the environment than ever, “it’s critical to detox,” says Linda Page, N.D., Ph.D., the author of Detoxification: Programs to Cleanse, Purify and Renew. Page recommends detoxing for symptoms such as:
- Unexplained fatigue
- Sluggish elimination
- Irritated skin
- Low-grade infection
- Puffy eyes or bags under the eyes
- Menstrual problems
Can tea help to detox and lose weight?
A tea detox, is a gentler approach to detoxification because it involves adding a few herbal cups to your existing, healthy diet—instead of replacing meals entirely.
Tea’s health benefits covers almost every territory: A 2013 study analysis from Italian, Dutch, and American researchers found that tea may help lower your risk of stroke and heart disease, lower your blood pressure, increase mood and mental performance, and even keep your energy up and weight down.
“Antioxidants work to reduce the oxidative stress and free radicals in our body, too much of which can cause chronic inflammation and even mutate our DNA strains, leading to cancer and other chronic diseases,” says Manuel Villacorta, R.D, author of the forthcoming book, Whole Body Reboot.
Drinking a herbal tea to help rid your body of toxic substances and lose weight sounds like a healthy way to drop those pounds; ultimately, however, you may be disappointed with the results. A detox tea may help you lose some weight, but not in a way that makes the weight loss permanent.
A variety of detox teas are on the market, but they tend to contain similar herbal ingredients. Some of the most common detox teas include dandelion, senna and yerba mate. These types of teas claim they help improve the way your kidneys and liver remove harmful substances from your body, which help you reach your health — or weight — goals. But, some potential health concerns exist with these types of teas!
Rather one should know that sustained weight loss and detoxification occurs by changing one’s food habits (inclusion of lots of fibre in foods), a good exercise regime and by sleeping healthy of course! You cannot bank upon TEA for that matter!
It may aid in the process but is not a complete solution for it.
If it is easier for you to include beverages in your diet, you may try a smoothie cleanse, which may offer you the required dietary fibre, essential vitamins and minerals, as well as aid your digestion and rejuvenate your health!
- It makes you feel better, especially when combined with healthy eating and exercise.
- Helps to reduce bloating.
- Detoxifies your system.
- You may lose weight, but it isn’t fat that you are losing, its water weight! With their natural diuretics and laxatives, detox teas move the number on the scale by increasing the number of trips you make to the bathroom.
But, it is difficult to keep it sustained because this weight loss is very temporary — and once you rehydrate — you’ll likely regain any of the weight you had shed.
All the above mentioned benefits with an added feeling of freshness and rejuvenation are experienced by users.
- Lack of clinical evidence for the promises it makes!
- Inclusion of senna as an ingredient in this tea a herbal laxative is not god for everyday use.. it has side effects. Although tea may be a great addition to a healthy diet!
- Senna fruit seems to be gentler than senna leaf. This has led the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) to warn against long-term use of senna leaf, but not senna fruit. The AHPA recommends that senna leaf products be labeled, “Do not use this product if you have abdominal painor diarrhea. Consult a healthcare provider prior to use if you are pregnant or nursing. Discontinue use in the event of diarrhea or watery stools. Do not exceed recommended dose. Not for long-term use.”
- Senna contains many chemicals called sennosides. Sennosides irritate the lining of the bowel, which causes a laxative effect. There are important findings about senna, published in the journal of toxicology.
- “From its introduction by the Arabs in the XIX century, the anthranoid laxatives have been widely used around the world. Among the plants that contain anthranoid laxatives, Senna (Senna alexandrinaor Cassia angustifolia) is the most used. Due to their natural origin, apparent low oral toxicity, effectiveness, and accessibility without a medical prescription, the anthranoid laxatives are a popular medicament for constipation, frequently used abusively.”
Excerpt from (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2809429/)
- According to theNatural Medicines Comprehensive Database, the potential side effects of senna use may include abdominal pain and discomfort, cramps, bloating, gas, nausea, and diarrhea; excessive use can lead to potassium depletion and other electrolyte abnormalities, which can trigger muscle spasms and an abnormal heart rhythm.
- Manuel Villacorta is a well respected and trusted voice in the health and wellness industry (Nutrition Expert!). He is the founder of Whole Body Reboot, an international weight management and wellness program, and one of the high ranking weight loss and nutrition experts in San Francisco.
“While it can be helpful as a night-time drink short-term, taking senna for too long can cause vomiting, diarrhea, electrolyte imbalance, and dehydration,” he adds. “If you feel stopped up, incorporate a senna tea for a few nights only!” (Villacorta recommends Traditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move).
Apart from all sort of symptoms mentioned by its users the main problem with weight loss tea, boils down to not being able to provide sustained weight loss!
You would never like to return back to being that same person again, from where you improved.
“The weight loss [from detox teas] is primarily, and probably all, water weight,” Dr. Karin Kratina, a nationally recognized nutrition therapist, tells Teen Vogue. “If true weight loss occurs, it is because a caloric deficit occurred from a change in eating habits.”
The reason is that water weight loss is extremely temporary. It leaves you dehydrated experiencing a false sense of weight loss. As soon as you drink liquids again, the weight right back on.
The other main problem, is the presence of senna leaf as one of the ingredient in this tea.
Senna is a herbal laxative but its prolonged use is not recommended by doctors. Thus, reports of muscular cramps, abdominal pain, bowel related illness and diarrhoea seem to litter many consumer review websites.
- Cynthia Sass is a nutritionist and registered dietitian with master’s degrees in both nutrition science and public health. What she has to say about the flat tummy tea, can be summarized as:
- You still have to diet and exercise for it to work.
- You might lose water weight and not actual fat.
- Some ingredients (for eg: senna) can have unwanted side effects.
- The ingredients may interfere with sleep.
- The research on detox teas is scant.
2. “Unfortunately this product cannot simply be recommended. It seems to be another entry into the long line of fly-by- night weight loss products that promise one thing and deliver quite another. There are far more sensible approaches to reducing bloat and flattening the stomach than this particular product.
With a little bit of effort you can easily find herbal products and even whole foods that are clinically proven to achieve the results that the makers of Flat Tummy Tea promise.” Mark Griffin
- Kratina says that the reasons behind period disruption from detox tea are not clear, but explains stimulants found in detox teas can affect stress hormones, and that stress hormones are known to affect the menstrual cycle: “The stimulants in detox tea could tax the body, causing more cortisol and adrenaline, the ‘fight or flight’ stress hormones,” Dr. Kratina tells Teen Vogue.
Dr. Karin Kratina is a nationally recognized nutrition therapist, author and speaker who is known for her groundbreaking work with eating disorders. She co-authored the first professional book on mindful, intuitive eating in 1996.
Read more: http://www.eatingwisdom.com/#ixzz4vZmQnXMz
“Flat Tummy Tea is potentially dangerous, unnecessary and over-priced concoction designed to (literally) flush your hard-earned cash down the toilet!”
Kate: Nutritionist and personal trainer
- If you are looking for a healthy product that promises to speed up metabolism, help you slim down, cleanse your system and reduce* bloating? Then look no further. Flat Tummy Tea is the ultimate solution. Based on anecdotal proof from thousands of satisfied happy customers online, there is every reason to believe it will work perfectly well for you.
- After two weeks of use I did’nt experience any weight loss but I did lose all the bloat. My clothes fit me better and I generally just feel better. It was’nt until my second week of its use that I really started noticing a difference.
I recommend this tea nad will be buying it again. (Carol)
- This tea is amazing! I saw a lot of people use this, and are saying how much it works for them, that it made me interested in buying it because I’ve been desperate to lose weight.
At first, I was a little hesitant to try this, but I still gave it a go. After a few weeks, I started to look and feel less bloated. I was really surprised. I don’t know why people in the comments are saying it doesn’t work when it really does. For it to work and help you lose weight, you have to exercise. It doesn’t just burn all your calories if you just sit there and don’t exercise at all. It also doesn’t work over night. It takes a little bit of time. Trust me, this brand works really well.Once again, just give it time, and you will look and feel so much better. (Marisa)
- The tea was extremely easy to digest. It had a good flavor that almost tasted like mint. Most importantly it sent me to the bathroom!!! It wasn’t an emergency or anything like that, it was quite gentle. Even without diet and exercise, I saw a decrease in bloating.
( Chrissy woods)
- I have used this tea for a week, and I followed all the instructions but keep getting severe nausea and dry heaves. Almost puking! It happened to me twice! I do not recommend it! (Kathryn)
- I’m on week three of this tea, and I’m sick of it. It’s a nuisance to brew and strain this every single day. Instead of enjoying my regular tea or coffee in the morning I HAVE to drink this sickeningly sweet tea.I’ve seen absolutely no difference in my body. I was hoping to see something along the lines of losing some water weight or flattening out my tummy, but nothing. My bowels have always been regular, so this did nothing for me in that department. I normally work out during the week, but when I started this tea, I upped the ante. I’ve yet to see any results.I don’t know why this has so many good reviews. This was a waste of $44! (Rebecca)
- “ I got horrible cramps every time I used it, and the same thing happened to the two of my friends.” (Bille)
- Purchased once via their website. It took nearly 2 weeks for it to arrive.
- Purchase several as friends and family would like to try.
It arrived separately; one longer than the other. Very poor packaging.
Only use cheap envelop and not a registered post. So the postman left it outside and the rain just destroyed it.
Well, the product is ok. So I decided to give it another go as my other family coming over from overseas.
This time, I specifically email them to make sure they send it altogether as my family only coming over for a week.
Then I received a message back via email saying they hold my order and want to know the reason why I purchased so many.
Not recommended for anyone to purchase from this guys! Bad service.
To save you your time, please find another product.
To gain an understanding of how flat tummy tea really works, we are going to take an in depth look at its key ingredients and how they interact with the body. Some of them have been explained in detail:
- Cardamom is spice commonly used regularly in traditional eastern cooking, and has long been suggested to improve health and boost energy.
- Cardamom is high in the key minerals Ironand Manganese, both of which are known to aid in the metabolic processes of our cells, which improves our capacity to breakdown glucose and fats for energy, while simultaneously increasing the rate at which we metabolise fat for energy – both of which can contribute to weight loss over time.
- As a bonus, cardamom contains anti-carcinogenic compounds that are said to fight free radical formation in the body, reducing the risk of developing cancer, while also stunting the growth of cancerous cells].
- Senna leaf is used frequently to treat heavy constipation, and is even at times used prior to a colonoscopy to cleanse the gut and digestive tract. As a result, the laxative-like affect that Senna leaf will have on the body will lead to fluid loss, creating a perception of weight loss, without any real fat loss occurring within the body.
- More importantly, Senna leaf has been shown to be unsafe when taken orally for more than two weeks at a time, as it has the potential to alter the normal function of our bowels, creating a laxative dependence (ultimately rendering the body unable to excrete faecal matter without the aid of senna leaf).
- It was once suggested to treat skin disease and other skin issues, although recent research suggests that this is not the case. In fact, similar to senna leaf, dandelion leaf has actually been shown to act as diuretic in humans, increasing the rate at which the kidneys produce and excrete urine .
- Again, this will promote the loss of fluid from the body, resulting in the perception or appearance of weight loss, but will not actually contribute to any fat loss (and may actually lead to dehydration when consumed over a lengthy period of time).
- Green tea is hands down the most commonly occurring ingredient found within detox based teas due to its apparent associations with improved health and weight loss.
- The regular consumption of Green tea has shown to result in an increase in the rate fat is broken down and used for energy in the body, while also increasing the resting energy expenditure of the body.
- In doing so, green tea can actually promote fat loss by making fat readily available to be broken down for energy AND increasing the amount of that energy we burn at rest .
- Additionally, green tea has also been linked to improvements in the function of the digestive system, which may lead to improved gut health and reduced bloating.
- Peppermint is a plant that has been used traditionally in cooking purely for its smell and taste, although recent research has suggested that it may act as an intestinal aid.
- The oral supplementation of peppermint has been shown to improve digestive health considerably, while also reducing bloating of the gut and improving the signs and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome .
- The root of the liquorice plant has been used extensively in traditional Chinese medicine where it was thought to aid digestive processes, improving digestive health and overall health and wellbeing.
- Interestingly, there is limited scientific evidence to suggest that liquorice does impact the digestive system positively. In fact, the consumption of liquorice root has been shown to increase cortisol production while simultaneously reducing resting blood levels of testosterone.
- As a result, the consumption of liquorice root may actually increase systemic inflammation, impacting the digestive system negatively. This may actually lead to bloating, and limit the effective capacity of the digestive system to absorb nutrients, while also promoting potential weight gain.
- Carraway seed (also known as Nigella Sativa or Black Cumin) is a compound that has shown to impact general health in a positive manner, albeit at a very small magnitude.
- Additionally, the consumption of caraway seed has shown promise as an immune booster, in which it may increase the capacity of the immune system to fight infection while also acting as an anti-allergic compound.
Upon closer inspection, Flat tummy tea contains a number of ingredients that are typical of detox teas in general. These ingredients, including green tea and peppermint leaf, have shown to improve digestive health while also increasing metabolism.
- Although it is important to state that although flat tummy tea does indeed contain some ingredients that support its somewhat lofty claims, there are a number of ingredients included within its formula that may actually be to the users detriment – with particular emphasis on Dandelion and Senna leaf.
- Both of these compounds have shown to act as severe diuretics when consumed orally . As such, these compounds will result in fluid loss from the body, which may create the perception of weightloss – but will not actually lead to any real fat loss and excessive use of these compounds can lead to a number of health issues.
TEA, next to water is the cheapest beverage humans consume. Drinking the beverage tea has been considered a health-promoting habit since ancient times. The modern medicinal research is providing a scientific basis for this belief. The evidence supporting the health benefits of tea drinking grows stronger with each new study that is published in the scientific literature. Tea plant Camellia sinensis has been cultivated for thousands of years and its leaves have been used for medicinal purposes.
There are many kinds of tea available. Black, green, oolong, white and herbal teas are most popular around here. Some interesting data from The Tea Association of the USA is that on any given day about 154 million people drink tea. About 80% of tea consumed in the US is black tea and about 19.5% is green tea. The health benefits that are associated with drinking tea seem to come from both black and green intake – with little difference seen between the two!
To make black tea, the leaves are wilted, bruised, rolled, and fully oxidized (fermented). Black tea accounts for 75 percent of the tea consumed in the world. Oxidization happens when the leaves are exposed to the air for long periods. Enzymes break down the chemicals in the leaves, producing their brown coloring and familiar smell.
Green tea, in contrast, is made from leaves that are not oxidized.
Green tea’s benefits for cancer protection and heart health have been confirmed by extensive research in cell culture and in animal experiments. Laboratory studies have also shown that green tea may help protect against loss of brain cells, bacterial and viral infections, allergies, arthritis, and decreased bone mineral density, among other health concerns.A clinical trial in human volunteers has also revealed that a green tea preparation helps improve immunity and prevents cold and flu symptoms. (By Julius Goepp, MD)
According to a research published by the NCBI. ( National center for biotechnology, USA).
Green tea contains characteristic polyphenolic compounds, (−)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), and many others. Flavonols, including quercetin, kaempferol, myricitin and their glycosides are also present in tea.
A typical cup of green tea usually contains 250–350 mg tea solids, of which 30–42% are catechins and 3–6% caffeine . The major active constituents of tea are catechins, and among them, EGCG is the most potent and much of the anticarcinogenic effect of green tea is predominantly credited to it.
Some catechins are oxidized or condensed to theaflavins (3–6%) and thearubigins (12–18%) during fermentation of fresh tea leaves and are responsible for the bitter taste and dark color of black tea. Black tea contains mainly thearubigins, theaflavins, flavonols and catechins.
The total polyphenol content of green and black teas is similar, but with different types of flavonoids present due to the degree of oxidation during processing.
Green tea has been extensively studied in people, animals, and laboratory experiments. Results from these studies suggest that green tea may help treat the following health conditions:
- High cholesterol
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
- Protects brain cells
- Liver disease
- Weight Loss
- Breast cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Colon or rectal cancer
- Oesophagal cancer
- Lung cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostrate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Stomach cancer
Findings cited by the National Cancer Institute suggest that the polyphenols in tea may decrease tumor growth. Laboratory tests and animal studies suggest they may protect against damage caused by ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation.
Black tea has been linked to cancer in a similar way to green tea, although it affects fewer types of cancer. Studies have also indicated that black tea may have a positive impact on bladder, lung, and prostate cancer.
Green tea also helps control your blood cholesterol levels, boosting the amount of beneficial cholesterol in your bloodstream while reducing the amount of harmful cholesterol. However, black tea also offers some benefits, and drinking it improves blood vessel function if you have coronary artery disease, explains the Linus Pauling Institute.
Black and green teas differ in their caffeine content. Green tea contains between 9 and 50 milligrams of caffeine per cup, while black tea offers 42 to 72 milligrams, according to the Linus Pauling Institute.
Recommended by the University of Maryland Medical Center, you may opt for green tea over black tea, to reduce your caffeine consumption.
Another recent research has shown food processed by fermentation can generate something called ethyl carbonate, which is also known as urethane. The WHO (World Health Organisation) and the International Agency for Research on Cancer all believe ethyl carbonate can cause cancer so it’s suggest green tea is healthier than black.
Thus, Green tea may seem to be the winner!
But we can’t overlook the fact that black tea also has beneficial properties linked to it.
Recent research has shown black tea contains theaflavins and thearubigins which are very good for the human body and can improve your health but this research is still waiting for more breakthroughs.
So, no matter what you eat or drink, you always consume everything in moderation. There is no perfect food in the world and there are still many medical types of research waiting for breakthroughs. Though, for now we may be convinced that green tea is healthier!