As the name suggests, this is a machine designed for ‘effective passive exercise’. You might be intrigued to know what Passive exercise is, and how can this machine be helpful?
Passive exercise provides a plethora of benefits to our body, by harnessing the power of vibrations (a varying combination of frequencies with low amplitudes) on the human body.
If you’re one of those persons who think, ‘Why exercise at all?’ or are too busy to include exercise in your daily routine, this is a good solution for you.
There is ample of research and recommendations by doctors to convince you of the fact, that physical activity is an inseparable part of a healthy life. According to Dr Jordan Metzl, a sports medicine physician in New York, “Exercise is the best preventive drug we have, and everybody needs to take that Medicine”.
ACTIVE exercise involves motion imparted to the body or a part of the body by voluntary contraction and relaxation of the controlling muscles. While in PASSIVE exercise movement results in a part of the body as a result of an externally applied force.
The Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform is a user friendly and compact machine that can be safely used at home to provide you results via a clinically proven method involving PASSIVE exercise.
The technique that this machine uses:
Whole body vibration (WBV) is a technique where vibration of any frequency is transferred to the human body.
Vibration is a mechanical stimulus characterized by an oscillatory motion.
This exercise equipment has a ‘power plate’ that is the platform that vibrates. The frequency is the number of times that this platform may vibrate in one second and amplitude is the extent of oscillation (displacement from the equilibrium position).
Marco Cardinal, head of science and research at the British Olympic Association is the author of many studies into WBV. He believes it is a valuable tool for a number of purposes, including improving fitness and rehabilitation.
Benefits that WBV may provide:
- Increased muscle strength
- Local fat burning
- More toned muscles
- Increased flexibility
- Improved circulation
- Increase lymph drainage (reduce edema)
- Improve bone metabolism
- Preventing osteoporosis
- Lower risk of diabetes
The real science behind Confidence Fitness Slim Full Body Vibration Platform:
Unearthing realities that make this type of exercise unique! This type of a platform simulates an environment of increased gravity, forcing our bodies to get stronger and leaner. Active exercise uses our own body weight or additional weight through equipment to exert the body against gravitational pull.
Here, mechanical stimulation generates acceleration forces acting on the body. Our body reacts to these forces.
The immediate effect of WBV is therefore that the muscles can be used quickly and efficiently, rendering them capable of being strong. This happens in the same manner like it may happen during any physical exertion (like walking or climbing up stairs) against the earth’s gravitational pull.
Who should go in for this?
Whole body vibration is safe for most people, and can be practiced by recreational and professional athletes, younger or older adults. This training and therapy solution is suitable for men and women alike.
People, who suffer from severe joint pain, have a heart condition or a pacemaker fitted, they should consult their doctor before using this machine.
Details about the product – Confidence Slim Full Body Vibration Platform:
Dimensions – The Confidence Slim Full Body Vibration Platform Fitness Machine measures 29″ x 27 1/2″ x 48″. Its vibration plate measures 21″ x 15″.
Weight – The machine weighs 62lbs.
User weight – The upper user weight limit for this model is 300 pounds.
Transport wheels – If you need to move the machine, two small wheels built into the base enable easy relocation.
- The machine needs to be assembled by the user. A detailed manual, with pictorial representations is provided along with the equipment. After assembling it, it is ready to use.
- The maximum power of this vibration machine is 1.5hp. Its amplitude ranges between 0 and 10mm.
- There’s a Power/Speed option that can be set anywhere between level 1 and level 50. The higher you set it, the more powerful the vibration will be.
- The motor runs on 600 watts of power.
- All the controls are handled from an LCD screen except the on/off switch. It also shows you stats like calories burned, minutes used and more to get the most from your sessions.
- There is a warranty of 6 months but there is an optional 2 years Smart Guard Protection for $ 29.99.
- 10 minutes on this machine is equivalent to 60 minutes of conventional exercise!
This machine provides all the benefits which are exclusive to a whole body vibration program and more!
They’ve taken extra care of women while designing and developing this machine!
It comes with yoga straps that are built into the machine. This allows resistance training without needing anything else.
You can do butterflies, arm raises and more to firm your upper body while the oscillating motion works to reduce cellulite, strengthen bone density and improve circulation, which improves appearance and stamina.
The only drawbacks of this machine that have been reported by users are limited to tedious assembly process of the equipment and the screws getting loose with use.
Being the most user friendly, efficient and affordable product in the market,it outwits all other products in its league.
Positive customer reviews:
- Not quite as strong as the $2,700 unit in the Chiropractor’s office but an EXCELLENT substitute for under $300. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Also, I’m 220# mature woman who is losing weight JUST from this! (Becky Linn)
- I have had my Confidence Vibration Machine for a little over a month, and I love it! Just like most of you, I have bought just about every contraption ever invented to help me get in shape and improve my health. The only problem with every one of them is that I didn’t want to use them. I would tell myself that I would do it later, or maybe tomorrow, but they all eventually ended up as places to hang my clothes or stuffed into a closet full of other unused exercise equipment. This is the FIRST and ONLY piece of equipment that I have gotten on every single day since I got it, and I usually use it twice a day, just because it’s such a small commitment of time and energy. Ten minutes goes by so fast, and you can even do less if you are in a hurry. I was already on a diet and very SLOWLY losing weight :(, and I can’t really say it is shaking the pounds off, but I CAN say that my body is firming up like it hasn’t in years (I’m 60). And here is the biggest surprise…my husband decided to give it a try, and it literally melted his love handles away! We are both amazed! When I get off of it I feel refreshed and relaxed, and like I have really done something great for my body. This is by far the best piece of health and exercise equipment I have ever purchased, and I recommend it to everyone! (Rhonda Turner)
- I don’t know about all of the claims the manufacturer makes but I can say it has really helped me. I have suffered for 7 years following an injury to my right knee/leg. I had very little flexibility in it and a great deal of inflammation. I have just been back in physical therapy for 3 months this summer. ONE week using the Confidence Fitness Slim and I was released from PT. My therapist thought I was joking when I walked in and said, “I all fixed.” She checked my muscles up and down my leg and lower back and was astonished at the change. (Anonymous)
- My wife and I are in our 70s and love it. We have had it about a month now and haven’t missed a day yet. It’s better than going out in this hot weather walking. We are starting to look better, feel better and have lost about one to two pounds per week. Best buy for the price. (Frank)
- This machine is incredible. Assembly took just 30 easy minutes to tighten some bolts (and the proper tools were provided); has very clear, detailed & easy instruction manual to assemble plus how to use machine. Plus it also came with 19 page additional pamphlet explaining how to do any of the many various type exercises. Strong & durable, plus easy to move around despite being heavy. Felt improvement after my very first use. Use it everyday now. So easy to use & quick. Wish I bought one years ago. Enjoy it more than any of my other exercise equipment, and it was a lot cheaper yet excellent quality & durability. (David)
- This is a really well-made, quality product.It was easy to assemble and is fun to use. I would definitely recommend. (Ronny)
- Love it would recommend it to others. It really helps relieve my back pain. I saw it at the State Fair in Albuquerque and they wanted to much money then I found this one on Amazon very happy with it. (Stella)
- I love this machine! It really feels like a fast massage. It’s very quiet on the lower speeds, rattles a bit on the higher speeds. It was easy to put together with the tools included in the box. Don’t know if it works for weight control, but it does make my chronic back pain some better. (S. Fischer)
Negative customer reviews:
- I am 73 yrs old sometimes I just am not up to walking like I once did. I have a disabled husband who walks with a walker and can only walk about 20 ft at a time. I put this machine in my kitchen because I know if it was in the garage I wouldn’t use it as much. I was a wise choice to purchase this and a good idea to keep it is the kitchen. My husband can stand on it and doesn’t have to walk here is a picture of him sitting in front of it working his arms and upper body. It has only been 4 days and I can feel the difference already. Every disabled person should have this.
The only drawback was it was very heavy. I delivery guy left it in outside the house and I had a hard time dragging it in. A handyman I had doing fit up jobs around the house did assemble it for me. He said it wasn’t hard. My vet said our little Yorkie needs to loose weight so I had him on this also. He loves it. (Anonymous)
- This product vibrates as advertised. It is very relaxing. Feels good, but don’t expect to loose any weight, or build muscle. Neither my wife nor myself lost weight or noticed any increase in muscle. It’s fun to ride, and kids really like it. It is a little flimsier than the one I saw in the mall, but that one cost over 8 times as much. When the screws fall out, I just put them back in. So far they were just cover screws. I hope the ones from the inside don’t start coming out. (J.J Cozens)
- I like it but I had hoped it would vibrate stronger. It looks like you pay extra for the handles and heart rate sensors. If this isn’t important to you, consider another machine that just has the platform. I prefer the extra challenge of trying to keep my balance – I didn’t need to pay extra for the handle bars / sensors. (Katie)
- easy enough to assemble. Comes with really no instructions on how to use it. There are buttons on the control panel where you can choose program 1,2 or 3. 3 is supposedly for athlete. I can do 3 easily for 10 minutes standing flat footed and I am no athlete. I tried the tip toed position and think I have damaged my knees which I attribute to the lack of any instructions on usage. I did this position on level 1 and I only held the position for about 2-3 minutes as I could feel this was not doing my knees any good. I tried it again a couple of days later trying to focus on my knees position but that does not seem to be a good position. The positions are displayed on the control panel – this is your only instructions as to what exercises to do on this machine. No instructions on how to use the bungee cords which are for some sort of yoga exercise I am not a person that has knee trouble either. I walk 2-6 mi a day with my dog. Not sure I would recommend this and really not sure what or how it is supposed to do what it claims – muscle toning, etc. It says on the control panel what is being exercised in the positions. My heart rate never changes in any position or level. Happy I bought this one instead of the more expensive ones that are out there. There are sheets of exercises available to purchase on the internet for $30 but don’t want to invest in them without being able to see them and actually access if they are worth the added expenditure. This machine seems sturdy enough and quality seems to be fine. (Kindle)
- While the machine was o.k., I had a great deal of difficulty in understanding the “instructions”. Apparently, the Chinese had trouble with English. For example, there was no mention.at all about the cords with hand holds needed to be attached. Also, the pictures for assembly did not always agree with the text plus they were not too clear at all. In short, the instructions were very poor.Maybe they need updating. (Ron)
- This is a good machine with poor finishing. For example I could only fix only one of the resistance bands because there is no thread to screw the second one at the base. Again, there is no indicator for how much calories are being burnt. However, the machine works very well and would recommend it if you don’t mind the shortcomings. (Emmanuel)