Facing injury related or disease related pain in muscles or bones is a very common thing. What do we mostly do to subside pain? We are often prescribed drugs to ease our suffering, or sticky ointments come to our rescue. When it comes to drugs we know that excessive use may lead to side effects while ointments may be of temporary relief but not liked much due to their often greasy nature.
‘Light Therapy’ may also be of benefit when it comes to alleviating pain.You might in the first place be skeptical about its efficacy but it is a proven and tested method for pain management. Both red and infra red lights help to reduce pain. Light therapy is a non invasive, safe and economical method of treating pain.
Chronic pain is defined as pain that persists for greater than 12 weeks. Pain is a very complex condition that manifests itself in a variety of different forms. Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) sometimes known as Low Level Light Therapy or Photobiomodulation (PBM) is a low intensity light therapy.The light triggers biochemical changes within cells where the photons are absorbed by cellular photoreceptors and trigger chemical changes. (NCBI)
Research affirms that the IR therapy unit used was demonstrated to be effective in reducing chronic low back pain, and no adverse effects were observed.
Light therapy heals pain by:
- Improving circulation
- Activating the lymphatic system
- Helps in the formation of new blood vessels and restore damaged soft connective tissue
- Light penetrates beneath the skin and helps in healing and restoration
You can buy any handy device that will help in easy and fast pain management without the use of any harmful chemicals. Check out the best pain relieving devices that can be used at the comfort of your home.
1. DPL Flex Pad pain relief system
The DPL Flex Pad is an easy to use wrap that has been designed to be able to fit easily around different body parts. The LEDs are fitted into the flexible pad. The circuit board containing the LEDs is fitted into a neoprene pad to make ease for bending it around the body. The pad consists of total 60 LEDs among which 40 are of infra red wavelength and 20 are of the red light wavelength.
Inflammation and pain in any area can be treated using this pad. It is a drug free alternative to treat pain and sprains. Provides temporary relief to the problem and is very effective in:
- Muscle tears
- Ligament damage
- Tight muscles
- Ankle problems
- Neck pain and stiffness
- The Deep Penetrating Infrared Light Therapy System uses medical-grade infrared lights to activate high levels of natural healing in the cells.
- Pad dimensions: 8.5″ L x 12″ W x 1.5″ H
- Portable, and needs power supply to work
- It is hands free, and can be easily kept in place using a velcro belt.
- Light weight and flexible
- The infrared light also helps to improve blood circulation and relaxes the muscles, providing relief to those suffering from pain in as little as 20 minutes.
- FDA-cleared and OTC Class II medical device
Treatment pad with 60 LEDs installed
Adjustable elasticated straps
USB Plug adapter
Bottomline: It is very effective product that is high on customer satisfaction. A very user friendly device that is a must have at home.
Tendlite can be successfully used to treat injury at home. Tendlite is a red light therapy device that focuses on ‘pain healing’ rather than skin rejuvenation. A medical grad FDA cleared device that has been specifically developed to be used at home, to treat joint pain.
Eliminates the use of powerful drugs that may be used for subsiding pain.
Perfect for athletes and arthritis patients. Helps to relieve pain, muscle stiffness, improve circulation.
Therapeutic grade red light has been shown to support faster healing by photo-activation of joints and tissues to help the body regain mobility and strength. TENDLITE uses Red Light wavelength to provide therapy for injury, or age related pain in muscles and joints.
How does it work?
It delivers 3 to 5 times more optical output of power than other products, which provides quicker more effective pain management device.
It increases local blood circulation, and relieves muscle stiffness.
Therapeutic use of this device is promoted by sports therapists and doctors.
- Anti inflammatory and analgesic
- Best for temporary pain relief
- hand held device
- a powerful 1600 mW output of the specific red light wavelengths
- Backed by scientific facts
- Used by physical therapists and trainers
- Safe and no reported side effcets
- High on customer satisfaction
- 60 days money back guarantee and 1 year warranty
USAGE: Focus the light for one min, on the injured or pain affected area for at least three sittings.
Bottomline: An effective and high quality, doctor recommended product that is ideal for temporary pain relief.
3. Light Stim (for pain)
Light stim (for pain) is a device that uses multiwave technology that helps in temporarily treating arthritic pain, muscle pain, and other sorts of mil pain related to injury. It relaxes muscles and increase blood circulation. Combines the use of red and infra red LEDs to effectively reduce pain.
- Actively reduces arthritic pain, muscle and joint pain and as well as inflammation and stiffness
- Uses red and deep red light, infra red and deep infra red light to penetrate deep within the tissue and reach the joints to alleviate pain by improving circulation
- Gentle heat soothes the affected area
- Light Stim for pain uses 72 therapeutic LEDs (both red and infra red light)
- Hand held device
- Can be used according to the patient’s requirements, but it will automatically shut down after 30 minutes of use
- Efficient customer support
- Covered with 90 days money back guarantee
USAGE: Place the device such that it gently touches the skin on the area you wish to address for five to 30 minutes. Move the light to the next area and repeat as often as desired. (change words)
72-LED Light Device
Quick Start Guide
9-Volt Power Adapter and cable.
Bottomline: One of the ‘best’ option as a hand held device to heal pain. Very high on quality and safey,a must use for speedy recovery. This device justifies the price it demands. A worth buying product.