A diet can always be made interesting if you can burn fat while eating delicious and filling meals. Here we have collected for you, some keto recipes which are simple and quick to make.
Not worrying in the least about which food is keto friendly or not, you prepare your food easily.
EDITOR’S NOTE: If you’re interested in knowing the Keto diet basics and easy meal plans for you keto regimen we recommend two very important resources that may help you: ‘The Keto Begining’ and ‘The Essential Keto Cookbook’.
- KETOGENIC GREEN SMOOTHIE
• 2 cups spinach (or kale)
• 10 almonds (raw)
• 2 brazil nuts
• 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened – from refrigerated cartons not cans)
- 1 scoop Amazing Grass Greens Powder
- Place the spinach, almonds, brazil nuts, and coconut milk into the blender fi
- Blend until pureed.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend
Calories: 380 Fat: 30 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugar: 3 g Fiber: 8 g Protein: 12 g
- SPEEDY SALMON SALAD
- 1 avocado
- 2 6 – 7 oz / 170 – 198 g cans of wild salmon
- ½ cup / 70 g diced red onion
- ½ packed cup / 20 g arugula
- ? cup / 50 g olives
- 2.5 oz / 75 g drained artichoke hearts (about 2 whole)
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp / 10 g capers
- 1½ tsp dried dill
- Fine sea salt, to taste
MIX: Scoop the avocado into a large bowl and mash with a fork until almost smooth. Drain the cans of salmon and flake them into the mashed avocado, stirring through with a fork.
CHOP: Finely dice the red onion and mince the arugula as you would other fresh herbs. Roughly chop both the olives and the arugula hearts.
COMBINE: Add all of the chopped ingredients to the bowl, along with the lemon juice, capers and dill, the combine them all together with a fork. Taste and add additional salt, if needed. Serve in lettuce cups, with mixed greens or as a baked sweet potato topping.
- EASY CHICKEN SALAD
1.5 lb chicken breast
3 ribs celery, diced
1/2 cup mayo
2 tsp brown mustard
1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake chicken breast until cooked throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and allow to cool. After completely cooled, cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, celery, mayo, brown mustard, and salt. Toss until chicken is fully coated and ingredients are well-combined.
- Cover bowl with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1-2 hours.
- When ready to serve, add fresh dill and chopped pecans and lightly toss. Serve chilled and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: calories 279, protein 24.8g, fat 19.4 g
- CREAMED SPINACH
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 tablespoons ghee
1 pound raw baby spinach
1/2 teaspoon fine Himalayan salt
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
8 ounces lactose free cream cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the ghee and the garlic.
- Put in the spinach and cover with a lid for 2-3 minutes to wilt the spinach quickly.
- Open the lid and stir well. Add in the salt, nutmeg and black pepper.
- Once all of the spinach is wilted, keep stirring until the spinach are dark green and releasing liquid.
- Stir until the liquid evaporates and then mix in the cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Serve right away!
NUTRITION FACTS: Calories 162, fat 15g, Protein 3g
- FIVE MINUTE SARDINE SALAD
1 can (4-5 oz or 120 g) sardines in olive oil or brine, drained
1/4 lb (approx. 100 g) salad greens
1/10 lb (approx. 50 g) deli meat or bacon or leftover meat, chopped small
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
Salt to taste
1 Prepare the salad greens by tossing them in the olive oil and lemon juice.
2 Add the deli meat in and toss.
3 Top with the drained sardines.
4 Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Calories: 400 Sugar: 0 Fat: 34g Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Protein: 30g
- EASY BROCCOLI BEEF
8oz or 2 cups of broccoli florets
1/2 lb beef, sliced thin and precooked (you can saute it in some coconut oil)
3 cloves garlic, crushed or use garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger or use ginger powder
2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos or tamari sauce, or to taste
coconut oil to cook in
1 Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a skillet or saucepan on medium heat. Add the broccoli florets into the skillet.
2 When the broccoli softens to the amount you want (I like it soft, but some people like it harder), add in the beef.
3 Saute for 2 minutes and then add in the garlic, ginger, and coconut aminos/tamari sauce.
4 Serve immediately.
- BREADESS SANDWICH:
- 2 long slices of washed eggplant, 1/4 inch thick each
- 1 washed tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2 pieces lettuce of your choice
- Yellow mustard to taste
Makes 1 sandwich.
1 Place eggplant pieces under broiler for 2 minutes, then remove and cool.
2 Stack your tomato, avocado, lettuce and mustard on the first piece of eggplant just as you would if you were making something along the lines of a BLT.
3 Top with the second piece of eggplant.
4 Cut in half, and enjoy your veggies foodie friends!!
- CREAMY TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN PASTA:
• 2 chicken breasts, cubed
• 2 Tablespoons ghee or coconut oil to cook in
• 1 can diced tomatoes (14 oz or 400g)
• 1/2 cup basil, chopped
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• Salt to taste
• 1 zucchini, shredded or spiralized (for the pasta) or spaghetti squash
- Saute the diced chicken in the ghee or coconut oil until cooked and slightly
- Add in the can of diced tomatoes and add in salt to taste. Place on a simmer and
cook the liquid down.
- In the meantime, prepare the pasta. If using zucchinis, shred them in the food
processor or use a julienne peeler or a spiralizer. If using spaghetti squash, chop it in half, remove the seeds, cover lightly with some coconut oil and microwave each half for 7 minutes.
- Add the basil, garlic and coconut milk to the chicken and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Place half of the pasta into each bowl and top with the creamy tomato basil chicken.
Calories: 540 Fat: 27 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Sugar: 8 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 59 g
- SPRING SOUP WITH POACHED EGG:
• 32 oz (1 quart) chicken broth
• 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped • salt to taste
1. Bring the chicken broth to a boil.
2. Turn down the heat and poach the 2 eggs in the broth for 5minutes (fora slightly-runny egg).
3. Remove the eggs and place each into a bowl.
4. Add the chopped romaine lettuce into the broth and cook for a few minutes until slightly wilted.
5. Ladle the broth with the lettuce into the bowls.
Calories: 150 Fat: 5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 5 g Fiber: 7 g Protein: 16 g
- LOW CARB KETO SPRING ROLLS WITH GINGER DIPPING SAUCE
For The Wraps
- 3 quarts of water
- 1 tablespoon grey sea salt
- 1 head green or purple cabbage
- cilantro stems or chives for garnish (optional)
For The Filling
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon grey sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon grated lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ½ pound ground pork, chicken or turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For The Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup beef or chicken bone broth
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 drop stevia
- 1 tablespoon almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- 1 scoop (20 grams) ] Collagen Protein gelatin
1 Fill a pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil. Meanwhile, add 24 ice cubes to a bowl with cold water.
2 Remove 8 outer leaves from the cabbage. Make a cut through each cabbage leaf at the base where it attaches to the core. Trim some of the woody stems from the leaves. Set the rest of the head of cabbage aside to use for filling.
3 Place the 8 cabbage leaves in the boiling water and blanch for 1 minute. Remove from the hot water and add to the ice bath for 1 minute. Remove from the ice bath and set aside on a towel.
4 In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients but pork and coconut oil. Add 2 cups of chopped cabbage (from the remaining head of cabbage) into the mixture. Allow the mixture to marinate while you prepare the ground pork. Add pork and coconut oil to a pan and cook until no longer pink. Transfer pork to the bowl of marinated ingredients.
5 Set 1 leaf out on your working surface and fill with ¼ cup of the filling mixture. Fold the base end over the filling and fold both sides in and over the filling so that it seals the open edges. Continue to roll to the end of the lead, wrapping tightly. Tie with a stem of cilantro or chive. Repeat with remaining leaves.
6 Lastly, combine all sauce ingredients but gelatin in a small saucepan. Continue to whisk on low until coconut oil has melted. Add gelatin and whisk to combine. Serve warm with spring rolls.
EDITOR’S NOTE: For many more delicious, easy, and low cost recipes that will make you relish the Keto diet we recommend ‘The Essential Keto cook book’ as a very useful resource.