The Skinny on Fast Metabolism Diet
The Fast Metabolism Diet, developed by Hollywood diet consultant and best-selling author of the book, Hailey Pomroy, works on the viewpoint that eating more of the right foods at the right time can be a potent tactic for losing weight. The dietary plan triggers at changing one’s metabolism by munching beneficial foods!
Eating certain foods in phases, can reset metabolism, undoing years of damage caused by processed foods, caffeine and alcohol. And so you will have to strike off all processed foods off your list!
This diet book entails the following regime:
The 28-day diet plan promises to increase your metabolism and put it into fat-burning mode. There is no severe calorie restriction in any of the phases, but there are several food restrictions, including cutting out wheat and dairy completely.
It is a 3-phase diet plan like several other weight loss diets out there. But one major difference is that the phases are not linear, with one following the other, as you generally find in other diet plans. They are cyclical, each of the 3 phases being 2-3 days long and repeating every week. The meal plans for these phases vary as follows:
Phase 1: (Day 1 and Day 2) – High in carbohydrates with moderate amount of protein and low fat.
Called ‘Unwind,’ this phase is meant to put our body at ease, since carbohydrates are easy to digest and are the body’s energy source of choice.
Phase 2: (Day 3 and Day 4) – high in protein and vegetables, but low in both carbohydrates and fat.
This phase is called ‘Unlock’ and is projected as promoting the utilization of stored fat because intake of dietary fats and carbohydrates is severely limited.
Phase 3: (Days 5-7) – High in healthy fats with moderate amounts of carbohydrates and protein. It includes some fruit too. This phase is known as ‘Unleash’ and you are expected to continue fat burning at full swing, both the stored fat and the good fats you are taking.
Every phase of this diet has a prescribed exercise program that corresponds to the eating plan of that phase.
The nutritional profile of the diet is a healthy mix of all macronutrients, so it is unlikely that dieters would have any nutritional deficiencies while they’re on this diet. You will get sufficient amount of protein, carbohydrates and fats on a weekly basis even though daily intake may vary.
This book provides rational guidelines for healthy eating as well as needed amount of nutrition. It may be worth buying the diet book but you’ll have to buy the cook book as well.
All of us agree by consensus that amongst all the assets we have, TIME is the most precious! Whatever be the task, we set time parameters for it. So, why not with dieting and being healthy too needs time management!
Though it is a known fact that health can’t be regained overnight, we are ready to devote time to it, but not at the expense of our other daily tasks.
As an ordinary person, what one looks for, in this busy course of life is, something that is worthy yet simple. That does not rob us of our precious time and money of course!
Coming back to the health issue, we suggest you to try METABOLIC COOKING developed by Karine Losier, who is confident enough to challenge professionals with her self developed tricks and recipes. She has kept in mind not to keep you busy in the kitchen for long, preparing tiresome meals!
Keeping the meals, cost effective and less complex is her main target with the view to speed up your metabolism! This will burn fat and restore your health!
She promises that her recipes are simple yet as delicious and healthy as those developed by health cheffs!
Owing to her masters in psychology she has been able to better understand the problems that people face during diet programs. So, she has come up with ‘Metabolic Cooking’ as a solution to ward of all your weight related problems. Through her program she renders a helping hand to fix your boring diets and health and be time saving too!
Her program is divided into 3 steps:
Step #1: Metabolic Nutri-Profile: Know
What Is “Safe” To Eat At Different Times Of The Day
Food combinations are crucial to optimize fat loss potential. The profile system tells you exactly what recipes are “fat burning friendly” at different times of the day so you never have to guess and you always know what is safe.
Step #2:Metabolic Adaptation Phenomenon Food Cycling
We automatically vary your nutrient sources to combat metabolic slowdown. Rather than always choosing chicken, egg whites, and protein powder, we’re going to introduce some new foods into your diet. Something different.
Step #3:Thermocharged Fat Burning Ingredients
Make your food work for you! Choosing from our “Metabolic Cooking Approved” foods and ingredients list ensures you boost metabolism just by eating. Immediately double your efforts by using unique food combinations that burns calories just by breaking down the foods you eat.
These are foods that are guaranteed to burn fat so there’s no guesswork regarding what foods to pick when cooking your meals.
Despite the fact that the book ‘fast metabolic cooking’ has delivered good results for many customers, it does have certain loop holes that this program will combat! The book by Halie Pomroy, has the following shortcomings:
- It may not produce the quick weight loss results that one would expect from this extremely detail-oriented diet.
- People with lots of time and a whole lot of patience to cook the meals according to the menu can give it a try.
- Although the diet claims to be adaptable to vegetarian and vegan preferences, very few food choices are actually available, even with the concessions on dairy consumption.
- The diet may be healthy, but not very practical for busy people. One may have to cook in large amounts to have all the meals ready throughout the week.
- The Grocery Store may become your second home.
- You may go crazy thinking about what I need to buy, when I need to buy it, what I should make, how I should make, what I have frozen, what’s going bad, what I need to pack for work, what time I need to eat….
- Some people found the meal charts in the book to be extremely hard to read, as well as the food choices to be hard to find in the grocery store. On top of the cost for the book, you will also be paying for costly groceries.
Thus, we recommend you to try the Complete Metabolic Cooking package!
Your body converts food into fuel. The faster your metabolism is, the faster your body can turn nutrients from food into energy. Having a slow metabolism means your body tends to store nutrients as fat instead of burning them up. A high metabolism diet aims to make your metabolism faster, so you burn fat instead of storing it.
For most people, processed foods, breads, pastas and grains are foods that block a properly functioning metabolism!
Switching to a whole-food diet is the first step to boost your metabolism. Certain foods that aid in the process are:
- Chia seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Grape fruit
- Green tea
- Lean Turkey
- Lean meat
- Egg whites
- The book is very informative on nutrition and how what we eat affects our bodies. She goes into great detail on this, and it is very informative. The basis of the diet makes a lot of sense, and if you can follow it as directed you WILL lose weight. The first week is tough, but once you learn the foods you can and cannot each during each phase it becomes easier and easier. Eating out is nearly impossible unless you want to be the person that has to omit the majority of the ingredients from a dish. It can be done, but it is much easier to make your own meals. The recipes are delicious, and not too hard to make. The diet does require a lot of time for food prep, and you need to do that o be prepared for your day and not slip up. I did lose weight on this diet and I turn back to it when I need to reset again. (Nichole)
- Science, common sense, and counter intuitive thinking show you how to gain control of your metabolism, burn fat and lose weight so quickly you know this is the right way to live. I lost 2 belt notches the first 2 weeks, and my shirts that couldn’t close at the neck for the last 2 1/2 years, became closeable – and I could stick a finger inside my collar after buttoning the collar. Enough said. It works! (David Dietchman)
- Well written and easy to read and understand. Her approach is calculated, smart, and very relatable. I just started week 3 and already lost 7 pounds! This is the first thing that has helped me lose weight in 2 years! And I eat very healthy already along with a very active lifestyle and physical job. My body feels happy, energetic, and healthy! Finally losing, after trying everything. (Kathy Green)
- I am very pleased with the results of the diet. I have been on it now for two months. I am a senior woman with a bad knee so I cannot exercise as much as I would like buteven so, I have lost over 15 lbs. This is the first success in dieting for me so needless to say I am very happy. Being unable to walk long distances or do much in the way of physical exercise limits my ability to use up a lot of energy but the Fast Metabolism Diet has allowed me to wear my clothes with more comfort and to lose the excess weight that had accumulated over the past two years.
Thank you so much.
A happy dieter.” – Frieda H. Byrd
- This book has changed my life. I have had Lyme disease for 14 years. I was a total wreck with IBS and it increased the neurological symptoms. After a month on this NON diet, I felt such a relief and nueropathy decreased by half. Can’t say I like the Wednesday and Thursday days of only protein and veggies but the relief in symptoms is worth it !! As a side, l lost 12 Lbs in a month. I’m not that “fat”. Lol. But definitely could use the weight loss. I did not exercise either so I’m sure that didn’t help. I went on for another month. I’m waking now because I finally am not so fatigued. I will keep on it for the health benefits alone. ( Dawn Toboika)
- This is my miracle book. I’m following the instructions as closely as possible, and I’m loosing weight for the first time in years. All with good food, and with feeling like I’ve been eating enough, or some days, too much. I wish I had this book 5 years before I spent a ton of money on doctors, diet supplements, exercise classes etc. (Cathlene Burk)
- Diet is easy to follow, but her instructions are too wishy-washy. Many conflicts between the recipes at the back and detailed charts. The charts are incomplete, you need to re-read sections thoroughly in order to grasp the “my way or the highway” instructions.
It is a real shame that her scientific background, which serves as the basis for the diet process, is touched on superficially. This book needs more! More recipes, more attention to detail and more step by step instructions. Scientifically sound, it is working for me, but I can see others getting easily frustrated and giving up before 28 days. (Cherylck)
- Of COURSE you’re going to lose weight following this plan. It’s super regimented, and your meals are small. The plan is far too strict for a normal person to follow. I am curious about it, but not enough to be a slave to a highly regimented meal plan for a month. (Vicky)
- I agree with other reviewers that the diet itself if good, but, it is confusing and not laid out in an easy to follow manner. The serving sizes tend to be vague, and contradictory in different places in the book. For example, on phase 3 when you look at the serving size for fats, it says 3 tablespoons! The app for iPhone says the same thing (these serving sizes are per meal), but then when you look at her menus, she has recipes with 1/4 teaspoon oil as the serving size- what??? It makes it very hard to know if you are doing it correctly. I’m in my first week, and I will say I am losing every day. The diet is very labor intensive, and does require many trips to the market for fruits and vegetables. It’s also a bit expensive. I will report back with my weight loss results. As a point of reference , I am about 15 pounds over weight, am 45 and work out pretty regularly with weights. (Maud)
- I bought the book and then had to search the internet for message boards and blogs to complement the book. It is poorly written. Information is poorly researched and sketchy in parts. I am still waiting to find out exactly how this particular array of food in this particular sequence would increase your metabolism. The book will not tell you in any detail. In fact there is little detail on anything. There is a lot of fluff and on Kindle, flipping back and forth trying to find information is tedious and annoying.You will need to search high and low for how much of some of the foods you are allowed to eat. You do not ‘count calories’ but weight loss does depend on the amount of food you eat and an intricate sequence you are to eat it in. Yet the food amounts are there for some foods, not there for some and difficult to calculate for others. (For instance is it 1/2 cup of cooked rice or uncooked rice? That info needs to be gotten from her blog or Pinterest or the million other places you have to go looking for info the book simply doesn’t give.)I am vegan and this diet is NOT for Vegans. Don’t mind the claims that it is for everyone. The vegan substitutes are very limited and it is obvious the author has little to no experience with veganism which btw is fine but it would be better to say up front that vegans should not attempt to follow. If you are vegan you will be left without carbs, fruit, legumes or nuts for those Phase two days i.e you eat a limited choice of vegetables (lettuce, spinach and cucumbers mainly) and soy only. (Bajan Chick)
- The information is good but not e-friendly. Charts and lists are not easily navigated. Not convenient, and not enough additional information on-line.this is best used as a hard copy book! (Carmella)
- It may work for a truly disciplined person but it’s very restrictive and requires a lot of work with minimal results. (Scarlett Bassett)
The diet works and is healthy. Book information superceded by the Facebook support group and the iPhone app. No android app. Seem to be rapidly Anti-GMO so the organic everything without corn, etc can be very pricy. The diet works but I only wanted a diet, not a religious experience. ( Ellen Renck)
FAST METABOLISM DIET by Halie Pomroy