The Skinny on Clarins eye contour gel
Clarins’ cooling, non-oily gel minimizes the look of fatigue. Instantly de-puffs and visibly brightens dark circles — refreshing, hydrating and resting the delicate skin around eyes. Wild Rose visibily minimizes puffiness and the look of dark circles.
Gentle enough for the most sensitive eyes.
Clarins is a worldwide skin care company, founded in France in 1954, by Jacques Courtin-Clarins, a medical student. The company focuses its skin care products around natural ingredients and is said to use over 250 plant extracts in the manufacture of its creams and lotions. Overall, Clarins offers a large selection of skin care items, ranging from anti aging creams for the face, sun care products, and even skin care items for men.
The main featured ingredients that have been used in the product are:
Certified Organic Ginkgo Biloba: Minimizes dark circles.
-Caffeine: Decongests to reduce under-eye puffiness.
-Certified Organic Aloe: Softens, hydrates and smooths.
-Certified Organic Cornflower and Camomile: Relax, refresh, and soothe.
It is important to note that not all of the ingredients in the Clarins eye contour gel are completely natural. They have taken care to provide you a formulation that very precisely takes care of the sensitive skin around your eyes.
The company has focussed more on the final result a chemical will deliver, rather than the source, and only chooses natural ingredients if they deliver results equal to, or stronger, than other chemicals.
• it is an ultra lightweight eye gel treatment
• immediately diminishes dark circles and puffiness
• helps to maintain youthful-looking eye expressions
• Hydrates your skin
• can be worn under make up
• good for sensitive skin
• It is not set out to minimize wrinkles or crow’s feet, so it may have to be used in conjunction with an anti wrinkle cream.
• It is packed with herbal ingredients, but no studies to prove their effectiveness is available.
• The rose water and aloe, combined with the lack of oil, mean this product will likely come out watery making it difficult to stay on the desired area for long.
How does it work?
Clarins Eye Contour Gel has soothing ingredients including antioxidants to make the skin around the eyes less irritated, less sensitive, have a brighter appearance, and hydrated.
But there is a great issue that remains unaddressed: The formula has ingredients that will hydrate and sooth the skin but it does not contain items proven to repair damaged skin.
If you are ready to pay the price for this product, yet buy another one to defy your wrinkles, it would be an expensive deal!
The ingredients that are present are of a high quality and unlikely to cause harm to prospective users.
But you may find products in the market that are packed with ingredients which cater to all your problems serving as a complete one shot solution! As well as medically tested and proven to give results!
Made with certified organic plant extracts, this pure and refreshing gel is the way to go if you’re just starting to see puffiness and dark circles.
The main featured ingredients that have been used in the product are:
Aloe Vera: Widely cultivated in tropical regions, the use of aloe vera can be dated back to Ancient Egypt. Research carried out on the gel obtained from the heart of the aloe leaf has revealed the presence of softening, moisturizing and regenerating compounds. In the medical field, aloe is used externally to stimulate the circulation and encourage healing.
Corn Flower: Cornflower is a biennial plant flowering from May to September. The French gave it the popular name spectacle-breaker in the 17th century, as apothecaries used to crush cornflower flowers together with dew or rainwater for soothing sensitive or irritated eyes. Apart from having a therapeutic effect, it has been used cosmetically by women to give eyes a bright sparkling look.
Green Coffee: Green Coffee is the name given to the two seeds produced by the mature fruit of the Coffea (Coffee tree), a shrub cultivated across subtropical regions of the world and whose “robusta” variety is particularly rich in Caffeine. Green Coffee extract is obtained from the seeds which are dried in the sun then lightly grilled. This very simple process effectively preserves the plant’s active molecules and its highly stimulating action in the field of cosmetics.
Rose Water: An anti-inflammatory, working to reduce redness and irritation. Rose water also works to clear out clogged pores.
Gingko Biloba: Gingko biloba is typically taken by mouth for stress reduction and improved focus, but it may also be used topically. In this blend, gingko is used to reduce the appearance of puffiness surrounding the eyes. It is known to stimulate the lymphatic capillarie to darain out excess fluid, and depuff your eyes.
Others : Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Citrus Aurantium Amara (bitter Orange) Flower Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Caffeine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, PEG-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, PEG-32, Citric Acid, Benzyl Acohol, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Sodium Benzoate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Dehydroacetic Acid
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
– Synthetic Fragrances
– Synthetic Dyes
Eyelasticity- the age defying therapy, is an amazing product by Skinception, which is meant to work on the sensitive skin around your eyes.
The natural peptides and botanicals used are proven to reduce signs of aging around your eyes. The formulation helps rejuvenate, elastin and collagen naturally! Elastin and collagen are the two main protein components of the skin and are essential to maintaining a youthful and healthy skin!
Clarins’ boasts that it has no added parabins, sulfates and synthetic preservatives, same is the case with skinception’s eyelasticity cream!
It contains, patented ingredients along with other natural ingredients too!
The cream has been manufactured, while keeping in mind almost all your needs. Not leaving any stone unturned, Eyelasticity helps repair damaged skin, potently reducing wrinkles and other signs of aging which Clarins’ eye contour gel fails to provide.
So you get a plethora of benefits by purchasing just a single product! It can be rightly called an age defying therapy!
The benefits that it provides can be listed as:
• Reduced crow’s feet
• Reduced laugh lines
• Lessen under eye dark circles
• Lessen puffiness
• Reduce eye bags
• Induce more collagen and elastin production
• Younger looking skin
• Reduce sagging and more!
How does it work?
Eyelasticity is an anti-aging eye cream specifically designed to nurture the skin in the eye area, with:
• improved blood and oxygen circulation
• less fluid accumulation
• fewer muscle contractions that can lead to lines.
This means it’s area-specific, designed to take years off your eyes
What sets it apart from similar products is the fact that it is backed by clinical data and the complete details are available on the product’s website.
These are the main ingredients which the company features. They are proven to provide eye therapy results:
• Eyeseryl®. Eyeseryl is a patented tetrapeptide ingredient that targets puffiness and dark shadows present in the eye area. According to clinical trials, Eyeseryl® has been found to decrease eye puffiness by up to 95% in the vast majority of people who have tried it for a period of 60 days.
• Syn®-ake. A patented synthetic tripeptide compound, which works the same way as snake venom to “freeze” the skin muscles, producing a powerful tightening effect. The ingredient has been found to reduce fine lines in a 1 month period, by up to 20% (according to clinical tests).
• Regu®-age. Another powerful ingredient specially formulated by soy and rice peptides, that targets age-related puffiness and dark circles. In clinical trials, Regu®-age has demonstrated an ability to significantly increase puffiness and dark circles, after a period of two months.
• ProCollONe+. ProCollONe+ is a soya-derived glycopeptide developed to encourage natural collagen production in the eye area. According to clinical trials, ProCollONe+ was able to increase skin smoothness by up to 78%, in a period of 7 weeks.
The long list of ingredients used for the formulation features, among others:
• Gingko biloba extract
• Aloe Vera leaf juice
• Beta glucan
• Acetyl tetrapeptide-5
• Glycine Soja (soybean) protein
• Oxido reductases
• Hydrolyzed rice bran protein
• Grape seed extract
• Green tea leaf extract
• Hydrolyzed soybean fiber
• Caprylic capric triglycerides
As we can read above, it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera juice, green tea extract etc which will keep your skin hydrated.
It’s a formulation that provides all the results that Clarins’ eye contour gel claims to, with additional age defying results too! This one is a complete package that you can trust!
No potentially harmful ingredients have been found in this product. While minor side effects can occur, as stated by the manufacturer.
Being, clinically proven and tested, you don’t need to worry about the side effects. It has a cGMP certification. Though everyone’s body may respond differently! The company claims to provide you evident results in just 4 weeks!
What more can be said, to prove the genuineness and the worth of this product. The parent company Skinception, like all its other products provides a no risk, 90 days money back guarantee.
The company offers, different packages at affordable prices. You’re in a postion to buy any of the package that might suit you! And return the product without any hassles, if it fails to produce results!
We strongly recommend Eyelasticity over Clarins’ eye contour gel, since it is a highly effective product that is proven to work wonders for you. Use your hard earned money wisely, to get back your desired young and healthy skin!
• I don’t have dark circles like many people struggle with, but I do battle with extremely puffy eyes. When I wake up every morning they’re puffy. Just moments after I pat this into my under eye area they deflate drastically. It’s seriously amazing; I don’t know how I lived without it. I don’t think that this is designed for people who want to prevent wrinkles or get rid of dark circles, but puffy-eyed people, this is for you! (Samiyyo)
• I don’t think this a wonder eye cream but I do love it because it is one of the few no-nonsense eye products that I can use that doesn’t cause me problems in terms of irritation or milia. It also feels very soothing when applied and hydrates my eye area and for that reason I’ll be sticking with it, maybe alternating with other products when I feel the need. Yes, I’d love a wonderful eye cream that would sort out dark circles and fine lines but in my experience they don’t really work anyhow so I’d rather just stick with a straight-forward product that protects my skin and doesn’t create new problems. (Kristen)
• I was introduced to this product years ago by a friend and have used it steadily ever since. Yes, it is expensive, as quality costs more. However, it works well and is a huge improvement over other creams and gels supposedly meant to do the same thing. This product is light, refreshing and can be used sparingly with good results. I honestly have never found another product that works as well. (Robert)
• This is great for cooling, the gel is kind of watery so you have to be careful dispensing it. I rub it between my fingers and pat it on my eyes. It feels good and does not cause puffiness. I’m not sure if I really need it, I was looking for a solution to the dry crepey skin on my lids and undereyes. But it does feel good. (Stacy)
• I love this!! After only a week, my eyes are so much brighter and less puffy. My dark circles are gone! (Miranda)
• I`ve been using it daily (every morning, after washing my face) for about 6 weeks now and even though I haven`t seen any reduction in my under eye circles this gel feels nice and cool when putting on (sometimes I put it on my eye lid too…very cooling effect). What`s also important is that it works very well with my make up (I use Bare Minerals) and under eye concealer (I use the Clarins Instant Concealer). Does not dry up whatsoever. (Kelly)
• It is not greasy and does not make make-up run on oily skin. Apart from that my skin did not feel moisturised and no other benefits were visible. Nothing special! (Katie)
• Im not a big fan of this. Its a gel texture, obviously. Soaks in immediately althought I cannot see any prolonged hydrating benefits. My skin feels equally dry half an hour after application. It’s suppose to reduce puffiness, but I cannot say I see any change in that either. I got two 10ml tubes as part of their skincare sets. But I wouldn’t buy this on my own. It just doesn’t do anything for me. (Julia)
• I have been using this product for a few weeks and taking pics every morning. And there is not a single change! At all! Waste of money. (Mary Salas)
• I received a generous sample size of this with a purchase, which was more than enough for me to decide never to actually purchase this product. It didn’t do anything at all. I guess it sort of felt nice to apply it, because it’s a slightly cooling gel. It felt nice, but really, nothing happened after daily use for about a month. The packaging claimed it would reduce puffiness and dark circles. Granted, I wouldn’t say I suffer from very puffy eyes, but when they were puffy, I noticed no difference. And as for reducing darkness under the eyes, it definitely didn’t do that either. I’d have gotten better results from lightly pressing a cooled compress on my eyes for 30 seconds than from using this eye gel. And the price tag on this product that does nothing? It’s not cheap, I’ll say that. There are plenty of drugstore price point products that would at least do something, and I’d rather spend my money there. (Brelig)
• I have genetic dark circles under my eyes and have been looking for a product to help these look lighter and less noticeable. This product does not do what it says it does. It does not help with reducing dark circles. I have since discovered there are a multitude of causes for dark circles. Perhaps this gel may help for circles and puffiness caused by tiredness, but if you like me and have genetic dark circles then don’t waste your money.
I applied it 3 times a day, and liberally. It was very expensive.
Didn’t reduce puffiness
Didn’t help with my dark circles (Amy)
• I’ve given this gel a good try during the spring summer months, and I now can say that this is a useless product. It definitely feels alcohol based. I found it drying under my eyes, albeit light in texture upon application, but didn’t do anything to the eye contour. There are certainly better eye creams out there. Definitely not a repurchase. (Lucy)
PRODUCT REVIEW: CLARINS EYE CONTOUR GEL